Carrot Kheer recipes is very easy to prepare. The carrot is a root vegetable. We usually find carrots in orange in colour. It has crisp texture when fresh. Carrot are good for eyes. To keep our eyes healthy, we need to have vitamin A in our daily diet, and as we all know carrots are good source of vitamin A.
Carrots can be eaten raw, in salads, in raitas or we can also make sweet desserts of it and keep it in fridge, Ready to eat.
Carrot kheer is a sweet dish which you can make for any occasion. Generally, kheer is made during festive occasions. Sharing one of my way of doing. If you are looking for more sweet recipes carrot halwa.
Ingredients for Carrot Kheer recipes
- Carrots medium size 3 (3 ½ cups when grated)
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Milk 1 litre
- Cashews 4-5
- Almonds 4-5
- Ghee 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp.
- wash and grate carrots.
- Heat ghee in a pan,add grated carrots and mix well with ghee.
- Keep stirring after every 2 minutes, once the colour is changed add chopped dry fruits. stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well. now add milk once sugar starts melting.
- Now add cardamom powder after 2 minutes, stir well.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes then turn off the flame.
and the kheer is ready to serve. you can see step by step procedure below.
Wash and clean carrots. Grate carrots. Heat ghee in a pan, when melted. Add grated carrots. Mix well in ghee. Keep stirring after every 2 minutes. After 5 minutes you can see the change in colour, now the carrots are half cooked. Add chopped dry fruits. Stir well for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, mix well. Once sugar starts melting, Add milk. After 3-4 minutes. Add cardamom powder.
Stir well. Let it cook till the carrots are fully cooked and now even you can see that milk is boiling. Remove it from flame, and the kheer is ready. Serve the carrot kheer hot or warm or cold.