One of the best ways of bringing up the 80’s vibes is by enjoying the dipping part of your evening dinner. Of course, this is dipping in carefully melted cheese or chocolate. There are many ways you can melt your cheese or chocolate but trust me, nothing does it better than a fondue pot. We shall be looking at the best electric fondue pots that will heat up to the required temperature and maintain the perfect melty-ness of the dipping sauce.
What is a Fondue pot?
A fondue pot is cookware introduced by the Swiss around the mid-’30s, popularized in the states during the ’70s. The cookware consists of a pot with a heating element (electric or gas) installed underneath. It’s used for food preparations, in a process called fondues. The earliest fondue pots were ceramic, followed by cast iron. The cast iron fondue didn’t hold in the market for long before the modern versatile models came in.
If you still love it classical, get a ceramic pot if can’t find an enameled cast iron fondue pot. Nevertheless, I have grown to really like cast iron pots, more so those with a beautiful enamel coating.
You May Like: How to use a fondue pot like a pro.
Why Should you use a Fondue pot?
Are you lactose-tolerant? If so, your chances of resisting melty gooey cheese are quite mean. This is why you should have a unit in your kitchen. You also stand doing more than just melting cheese and/or chocolate; electric pots can handle meat that requires high heat, and can still melt your dipping sauce perfectly, thanks to the temperature control function.
The modern electric pots are also easy to clean and lightweight for portability, unlike the traditional earthenware type.
Best Electric Fondue pots Reviews For This Year
Choosing the best electric pot is not all that easy, let alone the price tags some of these appliances carry. Fortunately, I’ve done the testing for you so you can choose from the 10 best, that you can afford for under $100. See the list below, along with the notable features that I found very ideal.
1. Cuisinart CFO3SS Electric Fondue Maker
Looking for the best budget fondue pot? Look no further than the Cuisinart CFO3SS Electric pot. Apart from the seamless functionality, this pot is designed to add a taste of class in your kitchen for those chocolate cheese meat, broth or oil dipping needs. If you also happen to love doing lots of prep work in such a pot, here is an option you could go for without breaking the bank.
Check out some fancy features below. Sure, you’ll like the exquisite and classy set of forks.
- Has a bowl, 8 forks, temperature probe, and fork rack
- Stainless-steel build
- 3-quart capacity
- Non-stick interior
- Adjustable range temperature control
- BPA free fork set
- Comes with 8 color-coded forks
- Has an adjustable heat range for various recipes
- Has an ample 3-quart capacity.
- User- and child-friendly
- Has a short power cord
2. Nostalgia Indoor Electric Stainless Steel S’mores Maker
As I mentioned earlier, electric sets will surprise you with what they’re capable of doing. The Nostalgia Indoor Electric pot is one that lets your outdoor fun find a place indoors. You can roast your marshmallows to perfection at the comfort of your tabletop with this flameless heater.
The ease of setting up the Nostalgia Indoor Electric is also at another level. You give all your events a celebratory touch by setting up a s’mores station at those dinner parties and guests’ gatherings. Just remember not to use abrasive cleaners on this unit. Below are other intriguing features;
- Stainless-steel build
- Flameless heater
- 2 stainless-steel roasting forks
- Has a durable metallic construction
- Has 4 compartments (for crackers, chocolate, marshmallow, and the roasting forks)
- Easy to clean and store
- The looks are great.
- The heating element takes time to heat up
3. Nostalgia LSM400 Indoor Electric Stainless Steel S’mores Maker
Here comes another great way of ‘camping indoors’. Simply put, if you’d like to campfire at home, you’ve got an ideal option in the Nostalgia LSM400 Indoor Electric Stainless Steel S’mores Maker.
You’ll have moments to remember when you enjoyed your first smokeless campfire. This unit can also be operated by younger children, courtesy of the long handles, but it’s always advisable to supervise your kid’s cooking adventures. On average, this unit affords you the cheapest way of taking outdoor entertainment indoors.
Here are other features you’ll like about this s’mores maker;
- 304-grade stainless-steel build
- A 4-tray lazy susan
- 4 stainless-steel forks
- Flameless even heating element
- Has four long roasting forks for you and your friends
- Made of strong and durable food-grade steel
- Has a 4-compartments lazy susan tray to hold the various ingredients and forks.
- It’s durable and easy to clean
- The element doesn’t get hot enough to brown the marshmallows
4. Chocolate Fondue Maker- Deluxe Electric Dessert Fountain Fondue Pot
Some units are made of a dedicated design so that they perform a single function, but ultimately well. Such a pot would be the Chocolate Fondue Maker- Deluxe Electric Dessert Fountain fondue sett which features the perfect melting and warming settings to keep your chocolate sauce just as you like it.
If you’re looking forward to only dipping at the dinner table (unlike some who like to have the pot for prep works in the kitchen), you have a good shot here. Want to know more? Check the features below.
- Melting and warming setting
- Removable serving tray
- Removable bowl
- 4 dipping and drizzling forks
- Easy to clean the interior non-stick coat
- Beautifully decorated to make an ideal gift
- Easy to use
- It heats up within 15 minutes
- The metallic edge is very sharp. Handle with care
5.Koolatron CM20 Deluxe Chocolatiere
So far, we haven’t addressed a chocolate fondue pot capable of serving an entire congregation, but here comes the Koolatron CM20 Deluxe Chocolatiere fondue, holding up to 500 grams or 17.6 oz. of sauce.
This unit employs a dual pot, each with an 8.8 oz. capacity. If you have a large group of guests to serve, or maybe invited a couple of friends over, this is the pot you should have invested in. on top of the unbeatable capacity is a rich red exterior coat, that stands out in the kitchen.
- 17.6 oz. total capacity
- Dual-pot design
- Melting and warming setting
- Easy-pour spouts
- 100+ piece decorating kit
- Has a large capacity- 17.6 oz.
- Dual pot design
- Easy-pour spouts prevent the paste from dripping on the pot’s side
- The heated base retains heat
- Comes with a decorating kit for making chocolate creations
- You need a stabilizer to set up the voltage
- Some units have a problem with heating too low
6. Chocolate Melting Warming Fondue Set
The Chocolate Melting Warming Fondue Set is made with several factors into consideration. It is a mix of class, versatility, and functionality. A 25Whaeting element is highly adaptable for both warming and melting purposes
If you’re entertaining your classy gang buddies, this is the set that may earn you respect from them. The pot ensure the sauce remains molten, all thanks to a dedicated function. You will still be surprised by the gift pack that accompanies your purchase
- 25W hotplate
- 109 °F warming temperature
- 140 °F melting temperature
- Aluminum pot
- Extra accessories
- Ideal for chocolate fondue dessert at home parties, and other homemade treats
- The keep-warm function keeps the sauce molten for longer
- The hotplate is made of food-grade materials
- Comes with extra accessories (Hot plate (hot pot, Spatula pot, Draining rack, 1 heart-shape mold, 10 plastic skewers. Christmas tree, 10 plastic forks, 1 flat fork, 1 spiral fork (for truffle dipping).
- Not as big as it looks
7. Artestia Electric Chocolate & Cheese Fondue Set
One of the buying criteria is usually going for the Amazon best-rated product. Judging by the ratings and reviews, one can easily tell the Artestia Electric Chocolate & Cheese Fondue Set is the best-rated fondue pot. If that’s not all you’re looking for, perhaps the genius features in this unit will also convince you to leave a 5-star rating.
The unit has two pots, stainless steel, and ceramic, just enough to serve 8 people. The base has an elegant wood grain pattern that makes it even better.
- Stainless-steel outer pot
- Ceramic inner pot
- 1000ml capacity (inner pot)
- Heat control knob
- North America standards for electricity (120V, 60Hz)
- Adequate capacity for your dinner guests
- The wood grain exterior finish is attractive
- Heat resistant handles
- You need an inverter for a 220-240V supply
8. Trudeau Alto 3-in-1 Electric Fondue Set
Do you ever wish you could cook your meat in an electric pot? Here is the best fondue pot for meat. This pot has a 1500-watt electric heating coil at the base, but it’s unlike any other high-rated fondue pot. The Trudeau Alto 3-in-1 Electric fondue Set not only efficient for meat fondue, but also melts fondue cheese and chocolate without overcooking or burning it. This all due to the double pot design, where the metallic outer pot can handle the meat, while the ceramic inner pot will work fine with chocolate and cheese.
- 84-ounce stainless-steel outer pot
- Mirror finish –exterior
- White ceramic inner pot
- 15-watt power rating
- 6 stainless-steel fondue forks included
- Comes with a recipe book and instructions
- Versatile for cheese, chocolate, and meat (outer pot can be used for meat)
- Stainless-steel mirror finish makes it look very classy
- Comes with 6 stainless-steel fondue forks
- Easy to clean
- Not dishwasher safe
9. Electric Chocolate Melting Pot
Electric Chocolate Melting Fondue Pot is certainly the best chocolate fonduespot for cheese. The simplistic design coupled with the white melting pot makes the unit not only a decoration but also the best way you can melt your cheese. The unit comes with more than 30 accessories so your dipping becomes more enjoyable.
The ceramic melting pot has a capacity of 1 cup and keeps the cheese molten for longer.
- 1-cup capacity melting pot
- 7 chocolate molds
- 10 fondue forks
- Knob-operated melter pot
- Ideal for melting cheese or chocolate
- Ceramic pot keeps the fondue sauce warm and molten
- Comes with 12 recipes and other accessories
- Limited to warming and melting, due to the low heat
10. Nostalgia HomeCraft HCFP8SS 8-Cup Deluxe Stainless Steel Electric Chocolate Fondue Set
No products found.
Nostalgia HomeCraft HCFP8SS 8-Cup Deluxe Stainless Steel Electric Chocolate Fondue Set makes the best of a fondue party. The 8-cup capacity, temperature control,8 color-coded forks, and durable construction all make this unit the best fondue pot for chocolate.
The design of this pot also makes it extremely suited for dipping, whatever you want to throw at it; veggies, bread, fruits, wings, and ribs, or even pretzels.
- Temperature control dial
- Cool-touch handles
- 8 color-coded forks
- 2-quarts capacity
- Metallic construction
- Built of 304-stainless steel for durability
- Keep warm function ensures the sauce remains molten as needed
- Cool-touch handles allow you to lift off the pot without risking burning your hand
- The color-coded forks make your work easier
- Cannot cook meat
- The capacity may be insufficient for a bigger fondue party
How to Choose the Best Electric Fondue Pot- A Buying Guide
The market is currently flooded with very similar fondue pots, such that picking the ideal one becomes rather hard. To simplify the process of selecting, just consider the following aspects before committing to purchase;
We all know that the best fondue is a communal one. It follows that the capacity of the pot should be enough for all your mate at the dinner. Choose a pot with is a higher capacity than you anticipate, extra chocolate does little if any harm.
Fondue units are not for only melting- they serve to even cook meat, as we’ve seen in the review above. Your choice should depend on what you want to do with the pot. If you want to be able to cook, alongside dipping, go for those models that can do that.
iii) Temperature control
You want to be able to enjoy the sauce much longer after melting it. Modern electric pots have temperature controls that include a keep-warm function. Go for such models if you like the campfire till late.
If you need the pot for just prep works, skip the fancy temperature controls.
iv) Pot material
The material of the pot plays a role in the durability, functionality, and ease of cleaning. Whereas stainless-steel is a superb heat conductor and thus ideal for cooking meat, it may not hold the much-needed heat for molten cheese sauce. Stainless steel is visually appealing and strong, and thus durable.
On the other hand, a ceramic material will hold heat but it’s delicate. Cast iron construction pots are better at retaining het but require thorough cleaning. Put some water in the cast iron and place it on the stovetop to heat. This helps dissolve all the embedded food. After the water in the cast iron pot begins to boil, turn the flame off and add a handful of detergent. Leave it for an hour before scrubbing and rinsing.
v) Extra accessories
Maybe those forks you’re budgeting for should come with the pot when you buy! If you need the pot specifically for dipping, go for a pot that comes with a fondue fork at least. Some units also include some food and dessert recipes.
Perhaps you’re trying fondues for the first time. Since you may not know all about these pots, you should go for a unit with a warranty, just in case something doesn’t perform as desired.
How to use Fondue Burner
In case you pot’s heat source is gas, I mean the traditional non-electric type, you need to know how to safely light up the burner. Here is how you get the fondue blazing;
This method requires liquid alcohol.
- Add about 3 ounces of the fuel to the burner base. Ideally, two ounces will go for an hour while three ounces will do about an hour and a half.
- Return the base cover and position the fondue securely on the fondue stand and take off the burner cover
- Light a match and use it to ignite the fuel by bringing it close to the hole at the center. Once the fuel catches fire, extinguish the match before throwing it away.
- Use the handle at the base to regulate the flame by altering the exposure of the hole.
Frequently Ask and Question (FAQ)
Are electric fondue pots better?
Electric fondues are mostly rated at 120V in the US. This power is very low for a hot oil fondue. In this case, you’re better off with a flame heated pot.
Cheese and chocolate fondues are best on electric pots, but you need to be careful with the extension cord lest you end up with a messy spill.
What features does it include?
An electric pot may have the keep warm function, as well as the ability to make meat fonduesin some high power models. Depending on the functions, a fondue pot may have several features.
How many people does it serve?
A two-ounce fondue pot is sufficient for 8 cups. It’d thus be safe to assume that 1 ounce serves 4 cups. You can then do your math from that.
What to look for in a fondue set?
Only look for the features you need, as described in the buying guide.
Where to buy the best fondue sets?
With technology simplifying everything, you do not have to go to the store. The amazon best products include electric fondue sets, so place an order and have delivered anywhere around the world. You only need to create and verify your account, the follow the link given under each product on the review.
What type of fondue pot is best?
The best type of pot is simply the one that does exactly what you want. Pay keen attention to the buying guide.
How much do the best fondue sets cost?
Depending on the features, these pots cost different. Our review today focused on the best pots you can get for under $100.
That’s all for today. We’ve covered the best fondue pots, alongside what you need to look for when buying. I’m certain you can now make an informed choice from the list.
Best of luck as you shop for yours!
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore