Hi!! Are you seeking much information about Wheat germ fiber? Its ok. To make sense fiver and wheat germ fiver lets we take part the discussion given bellow.
Table Of Contents
What is Wheat germ Fiber ?
Fiber is the part of plants that the body cannot digest easily. Fiber is found in fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, seeds, dried beans, split peas and lentils. There is no dietary fiber in meat or dairy products.
Fiber includes the cell walls of plants (cellulose) and other substances found in plants such as pectin your risks for certain cancers, heart disease and even obesity.
The diets of most Americans contain, on the average, about 10 grams of fiber. Try to choose foods that will add up to 20 to 30 grams of fiber per day. Use the chart inside to help you figure the amount of fiber in foods. Remember that a diet too high in fiber (more than 35 grams per day) is not recommended.
Fiber is the same as other nutrients– some is needed but too little or too much can unbalance.
Ways to Add Fiber to Your Diet
- Add sliced fresh fruit to cereal, yogurt or cottage cheese. Use fresh fruit slices instead of jelly on peanut butter sandwiches.
- Use whole wheat or rye bread in place of white bread. Choose whole grain crackers in place of saltines or snack crackers.
- Use fresh fruit and vegetables every day. Instead of potato chips, try raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green pepper with dips. Fresh fruit in season is a great snack or dessert.
- Use more beans and peas in meals. Try split pea or lentil soup, brown rice and beans, or chili. Use cooked or canned dried beans in salads and casseroles.
- Use whole wheat flour in place of all or part of the white flour in recipes. • Choose whole grain cereals for breakfast in place of refined, sugary cereals.
- Eat potatoes with the skin.
- When you cook vegetables, steam or stir fry until tender but still crisp.
Use them when you make meatloaf, and use rolled oats in place of toppings on casseroles or to add to baked goods such as quick breads and cookies.
Use them when you make meatloaf, and use rolled oats in place of bread crumbs. Most people in the United States do not eat enough fiber for health. To get your fiber score up to 20 or 30 grams of fiber per day, try eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dried beans, split peas, and lentils. Meats and dairy products do not contain fiber. Remember that more than 35 grams of fiber per day is too much for most people
Wheat Fibers Main Benefits:
‐ Rich in Vitamin B groups.
‐ Speed up sugar processing in our digestive system.
‐ Lower stress to our pancreatic and liver organs.
‐ Support and increase the metabolism rate.
‐ Maintain healthy skin and muscle tone (good for
‐ Enhance immune and nervous system function.
‐ Reduce the risk of pancreatic cancer Combat the symptoms and causes of stress, depression and cardiovascular disease.
‐ Help soften stools, therefore reducing constipation and colon cancer.
Q: How do you take it?
A: Add 2 ‐3 teaspoon in your favourite drink (milo) or soup.
Q: Is it suitable for children?
A: Yes, but you need to reduce the quantity from 2 – 3 teaspoon to 1 ‐2 teaspoon.
Q: At which month can we start giving baby?
A: Once your baby starts solid food.
Q: Is this suitable for pregnant women?
A: The wheat fiber is suitable for pregnant women as it also contains acid folic.
Q: Other then mixing in your drink or soup, what else can you do with it?
A: The wheat germ can be used to make bread and biscuit (like the RUSK baby biscuit by Heinz, Baby
Bites and Nestle).
Q: Can you add into cold milk?
A: Yes, you can but it takes longer for it to dissolve. Hence, you need to stir longer.
Q: How is the texture?
A: It has sandy texture, like Enercal.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore