Hi food recipes lover. Perhaps you are seeking the best asparagus risotto Recipe. Here is an in-depth recipe that you will love much.
The thin and fresh tasting spring asparagus is perfect for this risotto. Takes some time to make but the end result is worth the effort. It’s important to use Arborio rice to achieve the creamy texture of this dish.
Asparagus Health Benefits: 1) Good Source of Vitamin K, 2) Bear Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant, 3) Act as a Natural Diuretic. 4) Good Source of Fiber, 5) High in Vitamin B1, 6) Contain notable nutrient inulin, 7) Act as a healthy Pregnancy.
Ingredients: Asparagus Risotto Recipe
- 1 lb thin asparagus, cut on the bias into 1½ “ pieces (discard woody ends)
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4-5 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup cream
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender crispy (4-5 minutes). Drain and cool immediately in ice water to stop cooking and preserve the color. Set aside.
- Heat the chicken stock to almost a boil and allow it to simmer on the stove.
- Melt the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the shallots until tender but not brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir until well coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the chicken stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring frequently and waiting until it is absorbed before adding more (approx. every 5-7 minutes).
- When the risotto has been cooking for about 15 minutes, stir in the drained asparagus, salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Continue to add stock until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, about another 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and cream and adjust the seasonings.
- Sprinkle with fresh, chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Hint: Top with roasted shrimp or grilled chicken for a main course dish.