After long use, it smells pretty Unbearable from the inside of the hydro flask. At that time the question should rise that, in the easy way how to clean hydro flask.
Basically, there are so many ways to clean this liquid carrier. But most of the ways people use to clean inside of this flask in the wrong procedure. As a result, it loses the temperature stabilization ability and maybe inside of this flask does not clean the proper way. After having a long observation on this topic, I decided to write on this topic. Let’s begin to know the right way.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Different Way to clean hydro flask and its inside
- 2 Best Hydro Flask List
- 3 Clean bad Smell From Inside of the Hydro Flask
- 4 Cleaning method of hydro flask mouth lid
- 5 Sticky and spot affected hydro flask cleaning
- 6 Essential Tips to Cleaning Hydro Flask
- 7 You May Check 10 Best Hydro Flask Cleaning Tools
- 8 Beware while you are cleaning the hydro flask
- 9 Relevant question answer about hydro flask cleaning
- 10 Hydro flask Cleaning Video Action.
Different Way to clean hydro flask and its inside
In order to situation and expectation, people have a different perspective. From that sense here I am going to present both of regular and natural way. This will helps you to select a suitable one for you.
Regular way: To clean hydro flask in a regular way you need to have baking soda, vinegar and bottle brush. In each supermarket the Bottlebrush is available. Before clean the inner portion, clean the outer end with soap and scrubber. Then follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Engulf the baking soda and vinegar inside the flask. No need to take more than half a cup of vinegar. Then noddle the bottle properly. It will kill all the harmful germs. At the same time, it will clean all the spots.
- Step 2: Now put some hot water. It will help to reach the baking soda and the vinegar to each portion of the flask. Moreover, this is effective to clean old spots. But member never closes the cork with it at this time. Else because of vinegar and soda will react and make the flask damage. Keep the flask without a shake in this condition for a few minutes.
- Step 3: Wait till the water become pretty cold. Then use a bottle brush. and abrade inside the flask properly. Don’t miss any part of the flask. The rest of the abrading poured out all the water. And clean it again and again. Because of using baking soda it makes causes smell. After washing a few again and again with fresh water the smell will go.
Most of the time people forget to clean the cap. It is a common mistake which is important like clean the inner wall. After over the process never tide the cap of the flask. It will be the cause of smell again. Better keep both cap and flask in the open air. After dry properly you can tide them again.
Natural way: Naturally, you need no soap or other artificial things. In the list of necessary things, there are ice and salt. There I want to mention, it the salt will sea salt it will work better. Because sea salt if a perfect natural refiner.
- Step 1: Put the ice inside the flask and fill it up to the one-fourth portion. Avoid using big pieces of ice. Cube or small pieces of ice better. Then again avoid ice what already started to melt.
- Step 2: Add some salt. If you are going to use sea salt, then avoid big pieces. And of course, you have put the salt before melting the ices. Else ice melted waters will absorb the salt.
- Step 3: Shake the flask. There is no time bounding. As long as you don’t feel comfortable, shake it randomly. But as minimum time limitation, you should shake it more than 1.5 minutes or more.
This will not only clean your flask, but it also works to reduce spots from the inner wall of the flask. At the same time, it is safer, cheaper and easier. Because of using soap, it may be smelled unexpectedly. But using ice and salt, it will never make any unexpected smell.
Best Hydro Flask List
Clean bad Smell From Inside of the Hydro Flask
Often you can notice, after cleaning the flask become clear. But still, the old smell of tea or coffee remains. Or it can be clean all the smell but their smell of soap remains remain. Those things are pretty horrible and unexpected. Ever after dry the flask, the smell remains there. Normally pure water cannot clean and fixed the problem.
In those cases, you can use a piece of lemon. Put hot water and a piece of lemon there. Then turn off the cap of the flask and seal the way to exit of vapor. After 10 minutes, outpouring the water and lemon. All the normal and semi-old smell will remove in this procedure. But if the smell is old of many months of the year, you can add a couple of tablespoon vinegar there.
Cleaning method of hydro flask mouth lid
Most of the time people forget to clean the hydro flask lid while they are cleaning their flask. But interesting this is the most important thing what people should do. Because while you pour the liquid inside your flask, all of it will contact with its lead at least once. So there is no chance to deny to cleaning the lid.
Dishwashing Liquid and toothbrushes are enough to clean lid. Often people choose detergent which I suggest to avoid. Because the particles of detergents will stuck on the narrow corner of the flask lid and keep making the smell. Take some dishwashing liquid on the toothbrush. Then scrub it all around the inside area of the hydro flask mouth lid. After covering all around the area, clean it up with tap water. After cleaning avoid it to tight up with flask again. It needs to dry first unless the smell of liquid dishwashing soup will transmit to liquid next. Rest of everything don’t forget to clean it with vinegar after 4-5 time use. Because vinegar and lemon are the best cleaners that can clean the spot with an unexpected smell.
Sticky and spot affected hydro flask cleaning
So many reasons, the inside of the hydro flasks become sticky. The major reason is carrying such type of liquid where it had a pretty large amount of sugar. Even often it can be sticky when the liquid will remain inside in the flask for a long time. Both of sticky or spot inside is mentioning it there is a high possibility of germ and unhygienic thing. So it needs to clear it early. In that type of situation, some people choose to use chemical or highly activated soap, where both of those hurt the hygienic issue.
It needs to clean by vinegar or lemon. For normal types of sticky or spots, lemon is enough for cleaning. The procedure is, in a bowl of water mixed lemon juice. And sink all of the flask and its lid in it. But if the spot will more deep then instate of lemon you can use vinegar. Depends on the spot level, the ration of vinegar will increase or decrease. Then keep it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes it will be easy to clean by using soap and brush. Even it will keep your hydro flask inside hygienic.
Essential Tips to Cleaning Hydro Flask
- Use cleaning tablets: In the limited situation when you don’t have so much water to clean your flask or don’t have too much time to clean it properly, there the cleaning tablets is the best thing. Get some semi-warm water in the flask and put a table inside it. Then the rest of the thing will be done by the tablet. It will clean itself from the inner side. After 10 minutes rinse it with cold water and complete the cleaning procedure.
- Avoid common brush: Generally, in the cleaning portion of any kitchen, there is a brush that is used in a common task, such as cleaning plate, pan, bowl, and other things. Those brushes maybe work well, but because of common use, those brushes are the easy transmit of bacteria. That is the reason we suggest you avoid those brush. it will be better to get a separate brush. Moreover, you will see such type of brush in the shopping mall which is delicately made for flask cleaning. Those are suggested for cleaning.
- Reduce odor: Have odor in the flask it one of the unexpected things which you may never want to have. After normal cleaning, the odor will remain, what you use in the flask on the past. Even after cleaning by soap it will remain the odor of soap. In that case, I would like to suggest to pour water inside the flask after cleaning. And mix lemon juice. Keep that for 20-30 minutes. And the rest of the thing it will suck all the odor with it.
You May Check 10 Best Hydro Flask Cleaning Tools
Beware while you are cleaning the hydro flask
- Metal scrubber: Inside the hydro flask there was a metal plating that works as a mirror. Basically, it works for reflecting the hit and keep away from changing the temperature. The metal scrubber may the causes of Erosion of this plating. There I suggest the use of brushes.
- Soap selection: Dishwasher bar soap contains a deep smell. After normal wash, the smell can’t eliminate properly. This is why liquid soap is the best thing. It will be better, after washing by liquid soap use vinegar. It will ensure you the inside on the flask without the unexpected smell.
- Chemical use: Stop use chemicals to clean. It is not only dangerous for the physical condition of the flask but also for human. Beware before using the chemical.
- After wash: After wash does not keep your flask to the oven for becoming dry. Because of extreme cold or hot, inside of the flask can be damaged. Keep it on the open air is the best thing here.
Relevant question answer about hydro flask cleaning
Q. What is the best method for cleaning a flask?
- People used to on so many ways to clean the flask. But I suggest cleaning the inner portion of the flask with liquid soap. Then again pour the flask with water and keep some lemon juice with it. Keep the lid off on the flask. It will reduce most of the bacteria inside. This may take more time. if you have a hurry rather use a flask cleaning tablet. That is also the perfect procedure.
Q. Why flask become smelly most of the time?
- For so many reasons, the main fact is to make delay to clean it up. Some of the case if you don’t clean perfectly after use, then it will make odor. Even it can happen if you tight its lid after cleaning without making dry it’s inside.
Q. How often hydro flask should clean?
- The easy answer is, it needs to clean after everyday use. Unless if the first liquid will be infected, then the same germs will transmit to the next turn. So it needs to use after each use. But it needs to clear it’s inside heavily after 5-6 clean. Unless it will become smelly or it will be started to lose its ability to maintain the quality of its liquid for a long time.
Q. When the flask will no more in using condition?
- Normally hydro flask has a long lifespan. But if it became rusty in its inside maybe because of long sitting, then that will be no more usable. Unless if it got broken inside or that is no more able to maintain the temperature for a long time, then it needs to change. Without those problems, you can use it quotidian.
Q. What should use for cleaning the inner portion of the flask?
- Most of the people use old-toothbrush or common dishwashing brush to clean the inner portion of the flask. But I got this is the bad practice what most of the people do. I suggest getting those roller type of brush long brush. These brushes are known as Plastic Thermos Flask Cleaning Brush.
Hydro flask Cleaning Video Action.
No doubt that a dirty flask can make its user sick. Moreover, because of the musty smell, it can change the flavor of the entire drinks. Guess about a musty smelled tea, which is enough to spoil your morning. We appreciate you to keep care of your tools and have an enjoyable and healthy life.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore