Meat slicers are very essential kitchen appliances being used constantly especially in delis and grocery stores. However other food service establishments such as the cafeteria, buffets and catering businesses also use this wonderful device. The meat slicer is an extremely versatile machine since you can slice and chip a variety of meat, cheeses and produce. Now I discuss how to clean meat slicer in the type of various.
Why Should Meat Slicers Be Cleaned?
On a regular basis clean your meat slicer when changing meats, cold cuts, cheese or other products. In any case, even if the product is not changed, it is always a good idea to clean the machine thoroughly every day, so that no food or oil remains on the blades or other areas of the cutter. It is a good idea both for maintenance and mainly for health.
In fact, if the cutter is used continuously for many hours, it is advisable to keep it as clean as possible at all times.
3 Meat Slicer Cleaner
[azonpress template=”box” asin=”B006V7VJTC,B07DB5Y5ST,B07NJ758R9″]
How to Clean HOBARTMeat Slicer?
Actually, HOBART is a commercial meat slicer. Available HOBART models in the market are:
- Hobart 1612E, 1712E, 1812 & 1912 Slicers
- Hobart EDGE Slicers
- Hobart HS Slicers
Most of the cleaning instructions are common, but there have some specific instructions for specific HOBART models. Follow the instructions below for cleaning these Hobart meat slicer models:
Prepare & Disassemble: Make sure to wear protective work gloves throughout the entire cleaning procedure. Start by turning the machine off and unplugging the power cord. Turn the index knob fully clockwise to close the measuring plate.
Clean the Surfaces: Soak a clean cloth into a solution of detergent and warm water. Then, wipe down the surfaces of the meat slicer with the cloth. Once you’ve cleaned the surfaces thoroughly, rinse them with fresh water.
Clean the Ring Guard: Soak a thin cloth with mild detergent and hot water, and insert it between the ring guard and knife. With your right hand above and left hand below the gauge plate, hold the cloth with both hands and work it between the ring guard and knife. Pull the cloth around the entire ring guard. Make sure to repeat the process to completely remove any residue and particles.
Clean Under the Machine: Using a damp cloth with warm water and detergent, clean underneath the machine. Then, rinse and dry using separate cloths. Each model has different ways of keeping the machine raised for cleaning. Below are specific instructions:
- Hobart EDGE Slicers– Raise slicer and swing the cleaning leg under the machine straight down. When the leg comes down, pull it all the way to the front. The machine should be completely supported. Using a damp cloth with warm water and detergent, clean underneath the machine. Then, rinse and dry using separate cloths.
- HS6 and HS8 – These slicers us a cleaning leg. As you lift the slicer from the front base, the cleaning leg will swing straight down. Pull it all the way to the front, allowing the machine to have space for cleaning underneath.
- HS7 and HS9 – These slicers use a gas-assist spring. Place your hands under the front base, and lift up until it stops. The machine will stay raised. When finished, push down on the base to lower the machine.
Wash the Knife: Use a clean cloth with a combination of warm water and detergent. Wash both sides of the knife by wiping away from the center. Rinse with a separate cloth and warm water following the same wiping procedure. Dry the knife once it’s clean with a dry cloth.
Clean the Disassembled Parts: Take off the top knife cover by rotating the latch knob, and remove the deflector from the machine’s knife support. Once those components are removed, take off the sharpener.
Wash each part using a cloth, warm water, and detergent. After residue and particles have been cleaned off, rinse by wiping the parts with a separate cloth and warm water. Once they’re dry, reassemble the top knife cover, deflector and sharpener on the machine.
How to Clean AVANTCO Meat Slicer?
The AVANTCO meat slicers are a range of medium-duty electrically led appliances. The units have been designed to meet the highest safety and hygiene standards. Below are specific instructions for cleaning it:
- It is necessary to follow all the safety instructions at all times.
- Is the unit unplugged before cleaning ensure first?
- The unit should never be dipped in water.
- Clean with a damp cloth. Remember that the blade is awfully sharp and for safety, ensure that the slice thickness knob is in the ‘0’ position.
- After cleaning, wipe the appliance with a dry cloth and allow the unit to dry entirely before reuse.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Turn the slicer off and unplug.
- Turn the thickness control knob all the way to the right.
- Remove the product table locking knob, and then remove the product table.
- Remove Slicer Deflector that is over the knife.
- Clean all Disassemble parts, slicer knife and base with hot water and detergent.
- Rinse with hot water and sanitize.
- Reassemble slicer
How to Clean CABELA’SMeat Slicer?
- Ensure that the thickness adjustment Knobis all the way to the “0” position.
- Screw the Bladeback into place.
- Line up Blade Guard over the blade hole. Hold in place so the lines of the Blade Guard face, match the lines of Adjustment Plate (horizontal). While holding Blade Guard in place, turn the Blade Guard Knobclockwise until the Blade Guard10 screws into place. As the Blade Guard Knobis tightening the Blade Guard will become nearly flush with the blade.
Meat Slicer Blade Maintenance
With proper upkeep, you can lengthen the life of your meat slicer. Here are a few simple tips:
- You should oftentimes clean your meat slicer blade and sharpen it with a sharpening stone.
- Only sharpen a clean blade, and be sure to clean disinfect your blade after sharpening.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Has your machine serviced routinely as recommended by the manufacturer?
How to Clean Meat Slicer in Video Action
Now that you know how to clean a meat slicer, you can keep the one in your deli, grocery store, or restaurant in an ideal condition. Be sure to regularly inspect your machine for any damaged components or food buildup. When you are consistent with meat slicer upkeep, you can increase the lifespan of your unit and reduce the chances of contaminating food.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore