Mandarin Orange Cake With Brown Sugar Glaze now in your hand. I looked for a recipe for a Mandarin orange cake or loaf and only could find ones that called for canned Mandarins. So this recipe is one I use for orange bread and I have added fresh Mandarins and fresh or frozen cranberries. You could substitute raisins for the cranberries or just use double the amount of orange pieces.
Ingredients: Mandarin Orange Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 Mandarin oranges, peeled and chopped (approx 1 cup)
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
Glaze: Combine ¼ cup orange juice with 2 tbsp brown sugar and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Beat together the sugar and oil
- Continue beating while adding the eggs and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup combine the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until just blended.
- Stir in the chopped oranges and raisins or cranberries.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F for about 55minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the warm loaf.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore