Hey KitchenFact Lover. My Today’s issue is ground lamb recipes easy with Phyllo Pastry. This is so good! You can make individual pastry triangles or a pie. Individual pastries require less baking time – probably only about 20 minutes. Serve with the Couscous Salad for a complete and delicious meal.
Ingredients: Ground Lamb Recipes Easy
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp red curry powder
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock (more if needed)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 sheets (about ½ pkg) phyllo pastry, thawed
- ½ cup melted butter
- Brown the lamb over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Drain any fat and remove the lamb to bowl.
- Melt the butter and olive oil over medium low heat and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the curry powder, salt and pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Return the lamb to the skillet and add the tomato paste, wine and chicken broth.
- Simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed, about 10 minutes. You want the lamb to be very moist but not wet.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the spinach and feta cheese.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo in the bottom of a deep dish 9” pie plate (ceramic or glass is best).
- Brush with melted butter and repeat for 4 more phyllo sheets, brushing each one with butter.
- Spoon the lamb filling into the pie plate and cover with the remaining 5 sheets, brushing each one with butter as before.
- Trim the excess pastry from the sides and fold to make an even edge.
- Brush the top with butter and bake in a 350F oven for about 40 minutes until the pastry is brown.
- Serve hot with tzatziki (cucumber yogurt dip) or sour cream and lemon wedges.
Hint: Keep the phyllo covered with a damp towel while making the dish to keep it from drying out.