As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is a tasty meatballs recipe jest for you. Meatballs have to be one of my favorite dishes to make. You can get as creative as you want with how you make them, but I prefer to keep it relatively simple. While it’s fun to chock them full of delicious ingredients, you don’t necessarily want to stray too far from that classic meatball goodness. I find I can achieve a near perfect meatball using just garlic, parsley, onion, crushed up crackers, and an egg. If you want to go a a little crazier, I’d recommend experimenting with adding cheeses (blue cheese or parm), various spices such as cayenne, curry powder or dill, or even refried beans if you want to beef up your batch a bit.
I like to cook my meatballs in a slow cooker — I like the way they make the sauce taste overall, but feel free to go the quicker route and bake in the oven them before adding them to your sauce. The great thing about these little guys is their versatility. Add them to tomato sauce for any kind of pasta, sub or sandwich, or if you’re going low carb, like I have been lately (slow carb diet), eat them with spaghetti squash.
Ingredients: Tasty Meatballs Recipe
- 1.5 – 2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 6-8 Breton crackers (original or garden vegetable)
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley
- 1/4 large red inion diced
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups of your favorite tomato sauce (1 jar)
- 3 tablespoons chilli flakes
- salt / pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, crushed up crackers, parsley, egg, garlic, red onion, salt and pepper
- Mix thoroughly with hands, until a relatively even consistency is reached. Don’t be afraid to get a bit messy!
- With your fingers or an ice cream scoop, form mixture into roughly 16 golf ball sized meatballs
- Brown meatballs in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Don’t worry about cooking them all the way through, but the outsides should be brown and crsipy
- Place into slow cooker, then cover with tomato sauce, ensuring all meatballs are submerged. Add chilli flakes
- Slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours
- Serve with your favorite pasta, or if you’re going for low carb, try these with spaghetti squash!
Alternatively if you don’t want to use a slow cooker, place meatballs on a greased baking tray, bake for 20 minutes at 350, turning once.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore