How do you like your meat, is it sliced, minced, or a whole steak? I bet you like it sliced or minced. Personally, I love it that way. But, I have realized that unless you have the best meat slicer, it would be hard to achieve the level of ECSTASY that comes with good cooking.
To help you get a quality meat slicer, I have done enough research. It is what I want to share with you on this write-up. I have also incorporated a number of other things that relate to meat slicers.
This information comes in handy with 10 Top meat slicers in the market. Although you may have used some of the meat slicers that are in this post, there are those that you haven’t. Now is the time to try them, and not just for the sake of trying. You will find the real value of owning a genuine meat slicer.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why You Need This Meat Slicers Review
- 2 What Is A Meat Slicer?
- 3 Benefits Of Using A Good Meat Slicer
- 4 Top 10 Best Meat Slicers To Check Out
- 5 10 Popular Meat Slicers Comparison
- 6 Use Of Meat Slicer on Video Action
- 7 How To Find The Top Rated Meat Slicer
- 8 Engine Transmission
- 9 Most Common Problems With Meat Slicers
- 10 Conclusion
Why You Need This Meat Slicers Review
As already stated, it is true this review that you will find the nicest meat slicer that you need. Each of the meat slicers that I’ll review has attracted hundreds even thousands of genuine review. Besides, most people who have used these kitchen appliances have said how easy their meat-preparation has turned to be.
What do you expect to learn from this post? Here is a summary of what you are about to read:
- What is a meat slicer?
- Benefits of using a good meat slicer.
- Top 10 meat slicers to check out.
- How to find the effective meat slicer.
- What are the most common problems with meat slicers?
What Is A Meat Slicer?
As the name suggests, a meat slicer or slicing machine is a kitchen tool used to shape large portions of meat. A slicer butchers meat, cheese, sausages and other animal and poultry products.
In the past, a meat slicer operated on an arm that was made in a way that when rotated, it produced a reciprocating motion. Through this motion, one could easily cut large portions of meat into desired slices.
Due to advancement in technology, current meat slicers no longer depend or crank. Modern meat slicers use electricity. With only a touch of a button, you will cut your meat, cheese, pork, and sausages into your desired size. Modern food slicers slice even veggies and fish.
Meat slicers vary in size. Big restaurants that serve thousands of people in a day use large meat slicers. These slicers are usually heavy with big electric motors. They can also consume a lot of power.
On the other hand, a hand-held meat slicer is available for personal use. Many homeowners, however, prefer medium-sized meat slicers. These kitchen appliances are fixed onto a table where the owner can access them with ease whenever they want.
Benefits Of Using A Good Meat Slicer
To answer this question, I’d like to ask another question. Why do you need a car? I believe the main reason anyone would like to have a car is to enable him/her do things quickly.
With a well-maintained car, you won’t find a challenge shopping around. You will arrive at your place of work on time. Yes, with a car, you can comfortably take your family for a ride to the park or even on vacation.
For the same reason, you need the better meat slicer – to make your slicing easier. Can you imagine how long it’d take you to slice 5 pounds of meat? It’d take you forever! With a food slicer, you will do this in seconds.
Besides, if you try to cut meat, bread, sausages, or even cheese using your hands, you will come up with funny and awkward shapes. A meat slicer will help you achieve even shapes, if indeed that matters a thing to you.
Top 10 Best Meat Slicers To Check Out
As already stated in other sections above, you seriously need not just a meat slicer but the popular meat slicer. Sadly, it is not always easy to find the ideal meat slicer your family needs. One of the main challenges you are likely to face is that there are too many types of meat slicers in the market.
I’m willing to make the time-consuming work of searching the right meat slicer easier for you. Here, I have provided 10 popular meat slicers you can choose from. As you embark on your quest to finding the top meat slicer, focus on the features. That way, you will land on a quality meat slicer your family needs. The review starts now!
10 Popular Meat Slicers Comparison
1. Chef’sChoice 6150000 Food Slicer
- Smooth-gear operation.
- The machine is built from stainless steel and cast aluminum. These two materials are known for their ability to last for long.
- Comes with a stainless steel blade that measures 7 inches.
- Generous reservoir for catching the sliced food.
- A powerful electric motor running at 120W.
- Easy to detach, clean body, blade.
- Designed with safety lock when the machine is not in use.
2. Elite Platinum EMT-503B Meat & Food Slicer with
Adjustable Thickness 7.5” (Black)
- Comes with a 7.5-inch blade.
- The food slicer is versatile. Cuts virtually any sort of food at your kitchen including bread and vegetables.
- Adjustable thickness.
- Built from rustproof cast aluminum.
- A removable sharp stainless blade that will give you clean food cuts.
- Equipped with security features.
3. BESWOOD250 Premium Chromium-Plated Carbon Steel
10-Inch Food Slicer
- Comes with an extremely sharp blade. You do not need to sharpen BESWOOD250’s 10” slicing blade because it is made from chromium-plated carbon steel. This material can withstand hard-to-cut foods for a long time.
- BESWOOD250 has an on/off double illuminated switch. This safety measure from the manufacturer aims at safeguarding your family.
- The machine has approval from major institutions including the FDA, NSF, and ETL.
- Slices different types of food.
- Has a 240W electric motor, making it one of the powerful meat slicers around.
- Built with a V-belt that lowers the noise while the machine is working.
- Two stones for sharpening your blade.
4. Continental Electric PS77711 Smooth Blade Meat Slicer
- Comes with thickness adjusting feature.
- Continental Electric PS77711 is designed with a 180W powerful electric motor.
- Has non-slip feet. This feature ensures the meat slicer is firm.
- Made from die-cast aluminum material.
- Continental Electric PS77711 has a 7.5” stainless steel blade.
- Tilted carriage.
5. Kitchener Professional 150W Meat, Deli Cheese, & Food Slicer
You will love this 150W food slicer because of its
features. One of the things that stand out is the machine’s hand safety
feature. Besides, you will like the machine’s ability to slice food into
- Kitchener Professional 150W food slicer comes with suction cup feet. This ensures the cutting tool remains in its place while working.
- Stainless carriage base.
- For greater control and safety, Kitchener Professional 150W food slicer is equipped with strong teeth at the food pusher.
- The electric motor is driven by a belt.
- Compact branded design.
- Die-cast aluminum material for the longevity of the machine.
6. Electric Meat Mincer, Grinder with 3 Grinding Stages
Ideal For Commercial/Home Use (2000W)
- Fully enclosed slicing blades.
- Multi-slicing ability thanks to the 3-stage cutting feature that includes coarse, medium, and extra fine slicing.
- Versatile ability with extra slicing of other foods including pepper, wheat grass, and fish among others.
- Powerful suction base, allowing you to slice as much as you desire.
- Equipped with a 4-stage power button for on, off, reverse and on again. Powerful meat pusher.
7. Stainless Steel 7.5” Easy To Clean Electric Meat
Slicer With Spacious Sliding Carriage
- Has a 150W electric motor.
- The food slicer is versatile thus can slice other types of food apart from meat including tomatoes.
- The 7.5” stainless steel blade stays longer while retaining its sharpness.
- Adjustable thickness to give you desired results.
- Comes with a number of removable features to allow you to clean the tool.
- Suction grip to keep it in place.
- Plastic food pusher.
- Blade guard.
8. KWS 320W Premium Non-sticky Commercial Food Slicer
KWS 320W Premium Non-sticky is one of the premier meat
slicers we have around. The food slicer is highly regarded for both commercial and home use.
- Has a powerful electric motor with a power output of 320 watts.
- Made from aluminum.
- Comes with a 10” slicing blade.
- Approved by FDA, NSF, and ETL bodies.
- Offers fine cutting up to 0.4 inches.
9. F2C Pro Commercial/Home Kitchen Electric Food Slicer
- With a 150W electric motor, you have an impressive machine in the kitchen.
- It is built with the ability to slice quite a number of foods.
- The 7.5” stainless steel blade together with the adjustable thickness ability enables for very small slices up to 1/32.
- Compact design.
- Non-slip rubber.
- Easy to use with just on/off switch.
10. Chefman Die-Cast 7.5” Food Slicer Ideal For Cheese, Bread, Meat And Veggies (Black)
Chefman Die-Cast 7.5” food slicer is a 180W-powerful kitchen appliance that makes your cooking easier. You will love this food slicer because it does not only help you cut meat but also several other types
- Equipped with an adjustable thickness feature.
- Compact design (12” x 9”), ideal for small kitchens.
- The slicer’s 7.5” serrated stainless steel blade together with its die-cast
aluminum cabinet makes it very easy to clean.
- Built with a non-slip foot that helps the food slicer stay at its place while in use.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty from the manufacturer.
Use Of Meat Slicer on Video Action
How To Find The Top Rated Meat Slicer
Finding the top rated meat slicer depends on you knowing a few important things. For instance, unless you know what you really want a food slicer for; it would be hard to make a good choice. So, what are the few pointers that will help you?
This section delves into 5 factors you must consider if you really want to grab a quality meat slicer. Remember there are many other things you may look at. However, I have selected five that are of utmost importance.
The Size and Type Of Blade
Why do you need to know the type and size of the blade that is in the meat slicer you are going to purchase? The answer is; different types and sizes of blades slice different types of foods.
In general, there are two main types of meat slicer blades namely:
- A smooth edge blade
- Serrated edge blade
While a smooth edge blade can cut different types of foods, the blade works better on vegetables and leaner meats. On the other hand, a serrated blade is praised for its ability to slice bread as well as denser meats.
The size of the blade is also important. Traditionally, the ideal size of a meat slicer blade is somewhere between 7” and 9”. Although you can get a horter or longer blade, I’d recommend that you stick to this bracket.
There won’t be any harm if you have different sizes and types of blades in your bank. This will definitely make things less cumbersome for you. It may reach a time you want to slice smaller or larger portions of food. If this happens, you simply change from blade type/size A to B or vice versa.
Easy To Use
Remember what we said on the benefit of a good meat slicer. You buy it to help you to make work easier. A good meat slicer should be the one even a 7-year-old will be able to operate.
While you need to use your hand to perform certain tasks that surround a meat slicer, the operation should be as easy as possible. Generally, a nice meat slicer must have good food pushing capability. This ability does not need to be induced or reinforced by your hands.
I forgot to mention that meat slicer blades are very sharp. Besides, they are rotating at a very high speed. Any slight mistake will lead to the machine chopping and slicing your finger.
For this reason, a nice meat slicer should have among other things safety features. In fact, some people don’t just purchase this kitchen appliance and start to use it until they are trained on how to use it.
A quality meat slicer comes with hand and blade guards. These two security obstacles’ are designed to guard you against any harm. For your information, many people have incurred meat slicer cuts when the machine is not in operation. How is that possible?
While most cuts associated with the food slicer take place while it is working, some actually happen when this machine is dormant. This is possible when cleaning it.
My advice is if you do not want to incur hand injuries, always wear protective gloves when cleaning your meat slicer. Some have even
increased their safety by reinforcing security. One way of doing this is to
introduce a double switch, which guards against accidental switching on of the machine when cleaning.
What does engine transmission have to do a quality meat slicer? You need to know that the way your meat slicer works will affect how and what you want to achieve.
For instance, based on the type of engine transmission your meat slicer is made of, you will work from a quiet or noisy kitchen. Meat slicers come in two distinctive engine transmission types:
Each of these engine-transmissions has its strengths and weaknesses. For instance, a belted engine transmission is easier in terms of replacing, affordable, and quieter.
Because of this, most homes with kids prefer to go for a belted engine because it really doesn’t disturb. Nevertheless, this engine transmission is not as powerful as the geared.
On the other hand, a geared engine is powerful. With this amount of power output, you cannot expect this type of meat slicer to be quiet. It is noisy compared to a belted type.
Besides, a geared engine is expensive to replace in the event it wears out. Finding spare parts is a daunting challenge. You also need to find an expert to service it regularly.
This point is a continuation of number four above. Power or engine capability is very important in many ways. Through the engine capacity, you will know the performance of a meat slicer.
It is true that high-powered machines tend to consume a lot of electricity. That is not what I am recommending. My message is any meat slicer whose power motor is below 120 watts would hardly give you a better service.
If you want a better meat slicer, start looking at an engine capacity of let’s say 200W or thereabout. Any machine whose power output is less than 200 watts struggles to slice even small portions of food. Besides, it takes a longer time to finish a small task. Such machines easily wear out since they tend to work against the workload.
Most Common Problems With Meat Slicers
Although food slicers offer many benefits, you will at some point face some problems while handling these kitchen tools. The most common problems you will face are:
- Buildup food.
- Dull blades.
- No power.
- Slippery base.
Although you may not be an expert, you cannot sit and watch. Here is a list of a few DIYs you can carry out to solve the above common problems.
Do a regular cleanup, usually every time you have used the meat slicer to remove buildup food. Remember that if you leave food debris inside your meat slicer, the blade won’t rotate well. Besides, you will limit the machine’s carriage space.
If your meat slicer has recently started to make a lot of noise than before, you may need to check it out. See if the gears are rotating properly. If your machine has a belt, ensure it is in good condition. In short, your food slicer needs a service. In the event that your machine has a missing tooth, replace it.
My meat slicer can’t power! Maybe the problem is the power cord. Besides, it might be the switch. Whatever the case is, try to check why your machine is not powering. I’d suggest you use an AC tester to see if the power cord or your wall socket are working.
A majority of the meat slicers in the market are fitted with rubber legs. This is to ensure they don’t move while they are working.
In the event that your machine has started slipping off, maybe the problem is the rubber that has worn out. You can replace it. Remember too that an oily table can cause your meat slicer to slide. Ensure the table is dry all the time you intend to use the slicer.
Finally, sharpen your meat slicer blades on a regular basis. If you do so, you will not have a challenge achieving those small slices. Some food slicers come with sharpening stones mounted onto the body for easy sharpening.
It is not a hard thing to find the right most excellent meat slicer. If you carefully follow the tips shared above, you will not only put a smile on
your face but also help your family get whatever slice of food they want from the kitchen.