Finding the best commercial meat slicer is not an easy task. The fact that the market has many expensive and affordable commercial meat slicers doesn’t mean you can easily find a good one.
You need to invest a good amount of time if you want to find the ideal kitchen tool. It is very important especially to you who own a restaurant or an eatery.
For several years, people have tried different types of commercial meat slicers. To many, the results have not been forthcoming. Most of those I have talked to are still in pain. They spend thousands of dollars each year to either buy a new meat slicer or look for quality spare parts.
The search for a quality commercial slicer should not only interest you but also help you find the right kitchenware. In this write-up, I will help find not the popular commercial meat slicer but the best.
I have taken my time to review some of the best meat slicers the world has ever produced. It is true that a few are costly, but a good number of these commercial meat slicer retail at pocket-friendly prices.
So, what are you waiting for? See if you can find a commercial meat slicer that you have been looking for from the list below. In my list, I have handpicked 8 quality commercial meat slicers you can find in the market.
True, there are many meat slicers out there for commercial purposes, but not all offer the same quality service. Therefore, as you study this review, look at what each slicer offers. The ideal part, which delves into that, is the ‘Features’ section. This section gives a detailed dissection of what the commercial meat slicer offers.
Before you start the search, here is the real deal. You need to understand a few yet important things. These things include; what a commercial meat slicer is, what it does, how does a meat slicer work and the difference between a commercial meat slicer and traditional meat slicers.
Besides, it is important to learn on how to clean a commercial meat slicer. In the end, I shall crown this article with factors to consider when you want to buy a commercial meat slicer.
For now, pull your chair as I take you through this write-up. I’ll start with the first question:
Table Of Contents
- What Is A Commercial Meat Slicer?
- 8 Top Rated Commercial Meat Slicer Chat
- How To Use A Commercial Meat Slicer
- The Difference Between A Commercial Meat Slicer And Traditional Meat Slicers
- How To Clean And Maintain A Commercial Meat Slicer
- Tips for Selecting Commercial Meat Slicer
- 8 Best Commercial Meat Slicer Reviews
- Factors To Consider When Buying A Commercial Meat Slicer
What Is A Commercial Meat Slicer?
As the term suggests, a ‘meat slicer’ is a kitchen tool. It is used to cut, butcher, or slice different types of meats, sausages, cheeses as well as various deli products.
A commercial meat slicer can be found at home. However, in most cases, it is used in restaurants to slice large amounts of meats, making them easy to cook.
Serious entrepreneurs who own butcheries do not hesitate to put commercial meat slicers in their businesses. These entrepreneurs understand the value of quick service to their clients.
Sometimes, a commercial meat slicer, or meat slicer for that matter can be simply referred to as a slicing machine, a slicer, or even a deli slicer. Whichever way you choose to call it, a commercial meat slicer is an important tool for the growth of your eatery, delicatessen, butchery or restaurant.
Earlier models of commercial slicing machines operated on crank. But, not anymore. Thanks to technology, contemporary meat slicers operate on electricity. All commercial meat slicers in the market today are equipped with electric motors that run the machines.
Contemporary slicing machines work and serve the same purpose older machines did. They all slice different types of meats, animal products, and vegetables.
It was time-consuming when commercial meat slicing machines operated on crank. However, things have now changed. Today, you can slice large amounts of meats within a few minutes.
8 Top Rated Commercial Meat Slicer Chat
How To Use A Commercial Meat Slicer
The basic job of a meat slicer is to slice meat, making it into small pieces. It is easy to prepare stews, boils, roasts, grills after you have sliced the meat. It could be difficult to prepare large quantities of meat that serve hundreds of people without this tool.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how you can use a commercial meat slicer in your kitchen or at a restaurant. Remember, no matter how big or small a meat slicer is, they all operate in the same way. The only major difference is the size of meats or food each of them can slice.
Assuming you know that a meat slicer has a food tray, where you place your meat, and a razor that rotates, now it is time to know what to do first.
Wash your hands – it is important that you wash your hands with soap and clean water. Doing so before you touch any food ensures you do not pass any contaminants from dirty surfaces to the meat. To ensure sanity, you can put on a pair of clean plastic gloves.
Get off the clamp arm – many commercial meat slicers have their clamp arms resting on the food tray. Others have the clamp arms lie on the surface of the slicing machine. Whichever the case, remove the arm from the machine.
Place the meat – after removing the clamp arm, it creates a chance for you to place the meat in the carriage. After this, swing back the arm to its former location and then down to the meat. This process is to ensure the clamp arm holds the meat or whatever it is you are slicing into its position.
Turn the knob to desired thickness – now you are ready to slice the meat. As you know, different users have different desired thickness. Choose the thickness that you desire. Before you press on the adjuster knob, make sure you do the next step.
Arrange to receive the meat – the only and best arrangement you can do to receive the meat is to place a deli tissue or wax paper at the bottom of the slicing machine.
Now turn ‘ON’ the slicer – once everything is ready, press or turn the adjuster knob to an ‘ON’ position. This exercise may take a few seconds or minutes depending on the quality of the meat or the type of the slicer.
Push the carriage handle – although other machines are automatics, periodically, you may be required to reinforce. You will do this by pushing the carriage handle, which in turn pushes the meat to where it should be sliced, the sharp rotating blade.
Keep pushing the carriage handle until the entire meat is sliced to your desired thickness. Once you ascertain the machine has done what you desired, collect the sliced meat from the wax paper. Fold the ready meat and prepare it according to your needs. It will now cook quickly.
Collect left meat – no meat of food for that meat should be thrown away. If you remained with uncut meat, you need to store it. Fold it and take it back to a freezer or refrigerator. You will use it in the future.
The Difference Between A Commercial Meat Slicer And Traditional Meat Slicers
One writer said, “Do not think all slicers were created equal.” In other words, the writer is trying to say different meat slicers perform their duties differently. While the bottom line is to slice meat, different slicing machines come with different abilities.
Although the question is, revolves around the difference between a commercial meat slicer and other slicers, in reality you should ask yourself, what do I want to slice? It is after knowing your needs that you will be able to tell whether a commercial meat slicer is the real deal.
For now, know that a quality commercial meat slicer will help your business grow fast. With the machine, you will be able to cut large amounts of eggs, cheese, meats, pork, and other applicable animal products with ease.
A commercial meat slicer works faster thanks to its powerful electric motor that runs the machine. The slicer also comes with a feeder tray, a metal base, and a sharp and rotating blade, which plays a pivotal role in slicing the meats.
A traditional meat slicer on the other hand is a small kitchen tool. It is true that it can slice certain amounts of meat. However, the meat would be for home use, for the quantity is small compared with a commercial slicer.
Besides, you need manpower to operate a traditional meat slicer. It doesn’t use electricity. In general, you will find three main types of meat slicers namely:
- Standard duty, which do not slice cheese.
- Medium duty, which have the ability to slice cheese but only for about 2 hours in a day. These types of meat slicers do not do better on frozen products.
- Heavy duty machines that come with the ability of slicing almost all types of foods. The good thing about this latter type is that they can work for long hours slicing large amounts of food. Besides, most of these machines have large blades that slice food into desired thickness.
How To Clean And Maintain A Commercial Meat Slicer
Like any other kitchen tool, a commercial meat slicer needs to be cleaned. The good news is you do not need to go overboard when cleaning the tool. All you need is water, soap, and commercial concentrate for sanitizing if necessary.
You or your staff, whomever you choose to clean the slicer should beware of the sharp rotating blade. Many users have sustained unnecessary cuts when they were cleaning the slicer.
Remember that most modern commercial meat slicers have sharpening stones. These stones are in-built thus they cannot be removed. It is of utmost important that you wear cut-resistant gloves when handling a commercial meat slicer.
After ensuring you are cautious, you can add the commercial detergent to clean water and soap and start to clean the slicer. Although cleaning the whole tool is good, you should put emphasis on the important parts.
Some of the important parts are the rotating blade, the conveyer belt or chamber, the reservoir or tray, and the sharpening stone.
You should also beware that this machine has moving parts such as the clamp arm. The slicing blade, the drive belt, and parts of the feeder tray need to be regularly lubricated to avoid corrosion or wearing out of these parts.
If applicable, you can carefully remove the drive belt and the slicing, clean them before you replace them back. In the event the belt has worn out or the blade has broken, you need to quickly replace them.
Tips for Selecting Commercial Meat Slicer
8 Best Commercial Meat Slicer Reviews
I have collected 8 top rated commercial meat slicers for you. It is my hope that in the next few minutes, you are going to get the ideal meat slicer for your business. Take a look at some of the commercial meat slicers that your competitors are interested in.
1. Commercial-Semi-Auto-Ppsl-12HD Meat Slicer
With this stainless steel meat slicer, you will love your meat slices. The meat slicer can get you 14 mm meat slice thickness in no time. You are also assured that the knife will not operate without the knife cover by the interlock. This will prevent the danger of knife cuts in the kitchen.
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty. This includes the labor and parts.
- This item is made in Italy.
- An easy to clean and stain resistant anodized make.
- It has a base made of aluminum alloy.
- To ensure that the blade is razor sharp, the slicer is fitted with a metal knife sharpener.
- The quality metal index control knob will get 14 mm slice thickness in precision.
2. KWS Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer
The slicer is suitable for slicing frozen Deli meat. It is best for use in coffee shops as well as home use. If you love machines that produce low noises, then this is the best commercial meat slicer.
- A 10-inch commercial meat slicer fitted with a steel stainless blade.
- Silver Semi-automatic 320 watts motor power.
- Built-in whetstones sharpener for a sharp blade and a ring guard.
- The body of this amazing meat slicer is made using an aluminum alloy.
- Rotary speed of up to 525 rotations per minute.
- A voltage of 110 volts/60HZ.
- Removable product tray that can hold up to 7.5(L) ×7(W) ×5.5(H).
3. KWS Premium Commercial 420W Electric Meat Slicer
When looking for the best commercial meat slicer, then look no further. The 12-inch non-sticky blade meat slicer is going to transform your food experience. This slicer is suitable for slicing cheese, vegetables, fruits and frozen meat.
- Teflon blade made of stainless steel. It easily cuts vegetables, meat or cheese. A build in sharpener, which will keep your blade razor, sharp all the time. The sharpener hones and sharpens at the same time.
- The On-Off switch is waterproof. They are also built separately thus preventing damage of the same.
- Skid proof feet that are made of rubber.
- Aluminum alloy base.
- Precise 0-0.6 cutting thickness.
- FDA approved thus safe for use.
- A motor power of 420 watts.
4. KWS (KitchenWare Station) Premium Commercial 320w Electric Meat Slicer
This is a meat slicer that perfect in slicing meat. Apart from that, it can be used on vegetables, fruits and cheese. It is perfect for both kitchen use and commercial use.
- High quality stainless steel blades – there are other slicers in the market that are easily oxidized and get blunt after a short period. However, this slicer is anti-rust, last long and firm. The blades also allow different adjustments to makes slices ranging from 1-10mm thick.
- Water resistant switch – the on-off switches are water proof and are assembled separately. This prevents them from getting damaged at the same time.
- Rubber feet, which are skid proof making the slicer more firm while slicing.
- Detachable product tray, which can easily be removed during thorough cleaning. This also reduces the joint and layers where microorganisms can thrive in.
- It has 0.4hp motor and power transformer, which conveys the amount of power required for continuous slicing. This transformer also prevents power leakage and short circuit.
5. BESWOOD 10″ Premium Chromium-plated Carbon Steel Blade Electric Slicer
The blades are chromium coated carbon steel which makes the slicer excellent in sharpness. It is also electric thus less effort to cut large amount of meat, ham or vegetables.
- Superior V-belt that reduces noise and vibrations
- The on-off switch is twice illuminates, which prevent power shocks.
- The chromium coated carbon steel blades prevents corrosion and helps the blades to remain sharp longer.
- Since no frequent sharpening is required, the blades are more durable hence long lifespan.
- Rubber bottom that prevents the slicer from sliding while working thus ensuring safety.
- Slicing thickness varies from 1-12mm.
6. KWS Premium Commercial 320w Electric Meat with Non Sticky Teflon blades
It is excellent for commercial use and home use 32oW of power is perfect for slicing meat, vegetables, cheese and fruits smoothly, with less effort and faster.
- Great quality stainless steel blades coated with Teflon, which makes the blades non corrosive and durable.
- The blades are adjustable and can effortlessly and continuously make slices ranging from paper-thin slice to 0.4inch thick.
- Teflon coated blades prevents the residues from piling up, therefore the customer does not need to keep on wiping the residues during slicing unlike in stainless steel blades.
- Has built-in sharpener, which sharpens the cutting blades. This ensures the blades remain sharp all the time.
- Removable food tray that can be easily removed when cleaning.
- Has a rubber base that prevents the slicer from sliding thus making the slicer more firm, comfortable and safe to work with.
- Separate on/off switch and relays which prevent them from getting damaged at the same time.
7. KWS Commercial 320W with 10” Blade
KitchenWare Station, makers of the KWS Commercial 320W with 10” Blade are keen to giving you the ideal kitchen tool for your restaurant.
You will love the design of this meat slicer because it is made of aluminum.
- Comes with a powerful electric 320W motor.
- Stainless steel blade that is 10” long.
- The commercial meat slicer achieves 0-0.4” thickness.
- Fitted with an ON/OFF switch that allows you to set it on when you want to use it and off whenever it is not in use.
- Comes with separately built relays to prevent any unnecessary damage.
- Measures 20 by 19 by 15 inches.
- KWS Commercial 320W With 10” Blade weighs 37 lbs.
8. Giantex 10” Commercial Meat Slicer
This best sliver commercial meat slicer by Giantex is one of its kind. I’m certain you will fall for this meat slicer’s features. One of the main features that stand out is how the machine is equipped with whetstones. These stones come with control buttons.
- The machine is build with heat output holes. These holes are placed under the slicer tray to disperse heat that is not needed.
- Fitted with a fixed pushing device. This attachment helps you to push the meat or whatever food on the tray to easily and quickly slice it.
- Simple and easy operation.
- Comes with two sharpening stones.
- Giantex 10” Commercial Meat Slicer is build with an ONN/OFF power switch. To protect your family or staff against injuries, the switch has a waterproof cover.
- Known for its multifunctional usage. The machine can virtually slice anything in your kitchen from boneless meat to vegetables.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Commercial Meat Slicer
Before you decide to buy a commercial-grade meat slicer, you must consider a number of things. Many of these factors are applicable when buying other kitchen tools. However, a few are specifically directed to choosing a commercial meat slicer.
Here are the main factors you should put into consideration:
Why is this my number one factor? I hope you know. Your safety and that of your family should come first when buying a commercial meat slicer. It could be your staff, or whoever using the machine. Their safety when handling the machine is key.
Remember we are talking about a machine, run by a powerful electrical motor that has an extremely sharp blade. When switched on, a commercial meat slicer rotates very fast thus can chop your fingers or the whole hand if not cautious.
Some of the safety features you should check include:
In most cases, commercial meat slicers have their blades exposed. When a blade rotates at a high speed, it can cut your finfers. But with a knife guard in place, you are able to put the slicer on when you are certain that the guard is in place.
The good thing about modern commercial meat slicers is they come with permanent knife guards. Serious hoteliers and entrepreneurs invest in meat slicers whose knife guards do not require to be detached.
Gauge plate interlock
This is one of the most important safety features to look at. A guage plate interlock, when set at point ‘zero’, ensures for safe removal of the slicer tray. In time, this helps you when cleaning the carriage tray.
With a no-volt release feature, you are able to restart the slicer after cleaning. The no-volt release also works every time a power outage or fluctuation occurs.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Behind every thriving business, there are reliable tools. Without working tools, your business will definitely crumple. It is for this reason you need to make a good choice.
Besides, if you spend a lot of money, time, and resources to clean and maintain a meat slicer, you are doomed to fail. A good meat slicer should be easy to clean and affordable when maintaining it.
Modern commercial meat slicers come with user’s manual that gives directions on how to detach, clean and replace certain parts. I recommend this type of a meat slicer.
If you can find a meat slicer, you are able to clean and repair certain things by yourself, the better. You do not need to spend a lot of money repairing your machine.
In the event that you need to hire an expert, look for a machine, which most industry experts are aware of.
Why should you be interested with blade size? Well, the size of the blade is everything in a commercial meat slicer. The best machines are those with large, strong, and rust-free blades. They help in cutting the meat to your desired thickness.
While a standard blade size for a good meat slicer is 9-10 inches, a quality commercial meat slicer should have a 12-inch to 14-inch blade.
Belt Vs gear-driven slicers
Most of the commercial meat slicers in the market are belt-driven. However, manufacturers are working hard to produce slicers that operate on gears. While the difference is minimal, you should know that it is quite affordable to repair belt-driven meat slicers compared to those that operate on gears.
Every thriving business you see has invested in the best tools in the market. Without a doubt, if you invest in the best commercial meat slicer, you will realize quick and sustainable returns. May you find it an enjoyable task to place your money where you will get it back.