As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cream of mushroom soup with chicken recipe is my todays issue. I will show step by step making mushroom soup chicken through my own style. Are you ready to do better something Mushroom Soup and chicken? Lets starts now!!
Instead of thickening this soup with a roux, as is called for in many recipes, I added a couple of potatoes. Use more or less stock and cream as needed to get the right consistency. The measurements are a guideline only, and chose a variety of mushrooms; although this soup tastes just fine with white button mushrooms. Substitute this homemade soup in recipe that call for canned cream of mushrooms soup.
Ingredients: Cream of Mushroom Soup With Chicken Recipe
Here is necessary basic need items to cook Mushroom soup cream with chicken recipes. You can use vegetable instead of chicken. You can use cream as per your demand and nature of taste. You can also make variety by the changing of some items if you need.
- 6-7 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3-4 shallots, chopped (or 1 small onion)
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 medium potatoes (diced)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Approx. 1 cup cream (half and half or 18%)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the mushrooms until they have released their moisture and are changing color. Set aside 1 cup or so of the mushrooms.
- Add the shallots and celery to the remaining mushrooms and cook over medium low heat until the shallots are translucent (2 minutes).
- Add the wine and allow to cook for a couple of minutes to get ride of the alcohol flavor.
- Stir in the potatoes, thyme and stock.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the mixture and return it to the saucepan.
- Stir in the cream and the mushroom pieces that were set aside.
- Heat thoroughly but don’t boil.
- Taste and add salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh parsley or chopped chives.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore