As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Jalapeno cheese bread recipe is my best offer today. This one pot meal can be made either in a slow cooker (8 hours on low) or in a Dutch oven on your stove top for about an hour on simmer. Add leftover ham or cooked sausage if desired although it is very tasty in its vegetarian form.
We can get vitamin (C, E, K) Mineral, Antioxidants from Jalapeno Pepper.
Ingredients: Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe
Cheese Jalapeno Bread
- 1 round loaf of rustic bakery bread
- ¾ 1b of shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Mix the cheese, jalapeno peppers and green onions together.
- Pour in the melted butter and toss to distribute evenly.
- Make a crosshatched pattern of cuts in the bread almost to the bottom crust (cut carefully because you want the loaf to stay intact).
- Stuff the bread with the cheese mixture, wrap in tinfoil and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat in a 350F oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and heat for 10 minutes more or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Serve whole and let people pull pieces apart.
Lentil Stew with Cheesy Jalapeno Bread
- 2 cups dry lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bag (8 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2-3 cups ham or cooked sausage, diced (optional)
- Place all the ingredients, except for the spinach, fresh cilantro, parsley and lemon juice, in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Add more water if necessary.
- Add spinach, lemon juice and fresh herbs and stir until spinach is just wilted. Taste and add salt if needed.
Hint: I recently tried cubed butternut squash in this soup and it was a delicious flavor addition.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore