Rice cookers are not only served in a home kitchen it’s a great gadget while traveling such as sailing, camping, boating and RV’s. In this Instant pot 7 in 1 review, we are going to learn this Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 qt 7 in 1 rice cooker. This electric cooker is perfect for 2-3 people but a single person can also have this for daily or occasional usage.
In a rice cooker, we all mostly look for 6 basic things.
- Low cooking time
- Multiple dishes making capacity.
- Easy cleaning
- Low energy consumption.
Well, the rice cooker from Instant offers all the above 6 features even more. You can make sweet to sour, salty to spicy- all type of dish if you know how to use a rice cooker well.
Some Important Features of Instant Pot 7 in 1 review
Here give some essential features of the Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 qt. 7-in-1 which makes it so efficient and popular among thousands of users. Have a look below.
Multiple Cooking in One Pot
Those who know about electric rice cooker also know they are master at multiple cooking. But this rice cooker from Instant offers something more. First of all, it works as a pressure cooker. So you can make beef, pork, ribs and other meat just the way you like it. Also, it’s good as a slow cooker, steamer and sautés pot. You can make yogurt, pudding cake in this pot too. Another good thing about this the pot is, it works 70% faster than any traditional rice cooker.
Robust and Safe
The cooking pot, steam rack and lid of the Instant Pot Duo Mini are made of 304 (18/18) no chemical coated stainless steel. This pot is safe for pressure cooking and also safe with acidic foods. The inner pot is marking with ½ and 2/3 to acknowledge its safety features.
This internal pot has a 3-ply bottom which makes it safe to clean in the dishwasher. However, the exterior of the pot is made of brushed stainless steel. The surface won’t show fingerprints and easy to clean up. The lid holder is very flexible and good for both left and right-handed users.
This instant pot duo mini manual is carefully designed to avoid the additional risk that can cause buy a rice cooker. It has features like pressure regulator, anti-blockage vent, lid lock, a sensor to make sure of safe cooking. All are these balance air presser and temperature to avoid, burn, overflow, etc.
Another great thing about the cooker is, it can cuts off the power if the current or heat cross the safety limit. This cooker is energy efficient as well. The cooker is ULC and UL certified so you can trust it to make any food for an extended time.
Third Generation Technology
The rice cooker includes 3rd generation technology for max maneuverability. Its built-in microprocessor monitors all inside pressure, temperature, time etc. to maintain proper food value and test of your meal. It’s one-touch control buttons are responsive and make easy the user control. Overall, the rice cooker has all the inordinate settings and technology to control every action of it. And for understand all of that you don’t need to be professional.
Instant Pot 7 in 1 review on Video Action…
At a Glance
- Capacity to cook 2-3 individuals.
- Work as a rice cooker, pressure cooker, slow cooker, sauté, steamer, and yogurt maker.
- Offers 11 programmable digital controls for soup/broth, rice, meat, bean/chili sauté, and so on.
- Can cook 12 cups of (cooked rice) or 6 cups (uncooked rice).
- Up to 24 hrs delay timer.
- Sound alert for on/off and programs.
- Keep warm the food for more than 10 hours automatically.
- Dishwasher safe cooking pot.
- Additional tools- stainless steel steam rack, measuring cup, rice spoon, soup spoon, condensation collector, etc.
- The cooker has a stainless steel pot which provides a nonstick surface for easy cooking and cleaning.
- The time and pressure of the cooker are manually adjustable.
- Take low time to cook rice and other food items.
- It UL and ULC certified with ten proven safety mechanism.
- Offers protection plan (need to buy separately) for those who have a habit of accidentally drop things often.
- Highly power efficient and kitchen friendly gives no headache of extreme electric bills.
- Some people complain about the pressure leakage as the cooker get old.
- There is limited option to repair the pot if the pot broke or malfunction.
Q- How much meat can I cook in this Duo Mini?
A- Around 5 pounds.
Q- Do I use extra seals with pot?
A- Yes, you can buy it from Amazon in order to keep the flavor sealed from your spicy dishes.
Q- Where is the Duo Mini made from?
A- It is made in China.
Q- What is the weight of this pot?
A- It weight around 8.65 lbs, not more than a toaster oven.
Some Cleaver Tips & Tricks
- Always measure your ingredient before start cooking. It will help you to avoid overflow of liquid or food and get the right portion of cook food at the same time for particular individuals.
- Line the dishes you are going to make. If you want to make the 3/4 dish at the same time arrange them according to the high time to low time.
- For slow cooking, cook all the ingredients at high temperature first until they are 60% done. Then turn on the slow cook mode.
- For making pudding and cakes take the proper size of the pan. Don’t try to make them in the pot. Even if you glazed them and all, it will still stick to the bottom and walls.
- The pot is dishwasher safe. But if you want to extend its lifespan for some couple of years more use the dishwasher for it occasionally.
If you are thinking this 3qt rice cooker could be small for your family then nothing to worry. You will found two other sizes 6 and 8 qt. These are fit for cook respectively 4-6 and 8- 10 people. These offer the same features and facility similar to the first one. The only difference between them is size.
There is another high tech option from same brand name Instant Pot Bluetooth 8 quart. The rice cookers can be controllable via your smartphone using the Bluetooth feature. It has a big light display panel, re-programing features and freedom of making lots of healthy and delicious dishes.
In the end, all I can say that it will be a great helping hand for any kitchen to make main or side dishes while your oven or stove busy with other complicated meals. I have used it for last 6 months and it managed to survive on weekdays and weekends loads pretty well. Overall the Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7 in 1 is a reasonably priced top notch rice cooker that does what it promises.