Over the past few years, broiler manufacturers have increased their zeal in creating the best broiler pan. These efforts not only make it easy for you to access a variety of broilers but also make it extremely difficult to choose the right broiler.
If you are looking for a quality pan for a broiler, you will need to put a little more effort in your research. However, I will make your search EASIER. In this write-up on best broiler pan review I will address the following topics:
7 Excellent Broiler Pan List
Here I listed the top 7 excellent broiling pan for my beloved kitchen fact lover. I have reviewed the details of each product below in the review section.
- Granite ware baked broil And Grill Pan
- Norpro Broil Roast Pan Set
- Range Kleen Porcelain Broiler Pan
- GE Range Broil Pan
- Frigidaire Oven Broiler Stove Pan
- Nordic Ware Broiler Pan 2-Piece
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Roaster Pan
Broiler Pan At a Glance Content Idea
- What a broiler pan is.
- Advantages of having the pan.
- Tips for cleaning a broiler pan.
- 7 Popular pans you need to consider this year.
- Factors to consider before buying.
To start us off, it is important to know that like most kitchenware, a broiler pan is very important. While it is not a must to own this kitchen tool, many people have found that it is becoming necessary to own a quality broiler pan.
What Is A Broiler Pan?
It would be hard to understand what a broiling pan is if we do not know, what broiling is. So, what is broiling? There are several ways to prepare meals in the kitchen. Broiling is one of them. Others are roasting, mashing, different types of frying, and boiling among others.
When you want your meat to cook evenly while maintaining its moist state, you need to heat the meat at a certain temperature. Usually, the oven needs to heat to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This is only made possible via broiling.
Grilling or Roiling Which do you Need?
Grilling and broiling do not have a significant difference apart from the fact that some foods that cannot be either grilled or broiled. Therefore, to ensure your preferred food evenly cooks, you need the best broiler pan.
A traditional broiler pan takes a rectangular shape. It is usually light but made from steel, hardcore or a special type of ceramic clay. its call a ceramic broiler pan. What manufacturers look at is heat retention qualities when they design broiler pan.
At times, people call this cookware a roaster pan because it also roasts specific types of foods. Now that you’ve known what a broiler pan or roaster pan is, what next?
Advantages Of Having The Best Broiler Pans
In a world filled with every sort of merchandise, you will find every kind of thing you need. This state makes it difficult to find quality items. It is the same case with finding the EXCELLENT broiler pan.
However, if you happen to get a quality broiler pan, you will save your family a lot of money. Here are a few outstanding benefits of finding the QUALITY broiler pan:
i) Saves time – a good broiler pan, with good heat retention, will take a short time to cook your food. Compared to deep-frying or boiling, which takes time to heat cooking oil and water respectively, broiling, is fast.
ii) Cooks evenly – a quality broiler pan will cook your meals evenly. Popular broiler pans in the market are made of cutting-edge materials. Whether it is aluminum, steel, carbon steel, or even ceramic clay, good broiler pans spread the heat evenly. Besides, they are made in a way that enables them to properly rest on all standard ovens. This enables for even cooking of the food.
iii) Saves money – first, it is important to note that broiling does not require a lot of cooking oil. In most cases, only 10mL of cooking oil or none is needed to cook a steak of meat.
iv) The second way a quality broiler pan saves money is when preparing meals by the best broiler pan for bacon. Since it is fast to cook your preferred bacon on a broiler pan, you will save on electricity. Remember that you will need to pay heftily each month if your oven works for long hours.
V) Thirdly, a good broiler pan will last for many years. You will not be forced to replace it. Your kitchen will be complete for a long time. This ensures you remain with money to do other things.
Let’s say you have purchased a top-quality broiler pan, brought it home, and used it. How do you ensure it is clean for the next use? Nobody likes to prepare food on a dirty pan. Besides, it is unhealthy to do so. How do you go about it?
You May Like the Topic:
Tips Of Cleaning A Broiler Pan
Like any other cookware, a broiler pan gets dirty. Before you use it to broil or grill your next piece of meat, you need to clean it. Not any washing can give you the best results. Use the following tips to ensure your broiler pan shines:
1. Use hot water – hot water is primary. You will not be able to remove the greasy cooking oil that is mixed with the animal fat without the use of hot water.
You can decide to either boil the water in a separate pan or use the broiler pan to boil the water. Whichever the way you’d prefer, ensure you use hot water.
2. Apply soap – you cannot claim that you are cleaning a broiler pan that has been used to prepare food without the application of soap. Ideal dishwasher detergents can be used as well. When you decide to use soap, ensure you apply it as generously as possible.
3. Use baking soda – for a long time; baking soda has proved that it can remove stubborn stains on many cookware. There is no harm to try it on your broiler pan. If you use it as required, you will love the results.
If you decide to use baking soda, you will need to spread the interior with a generous amount. You will then leave the soda to settle for a while before you clean it out.
4. Rinse with clean water – to get the desired results, use clean water. Clean water will help remove leftovers, greasy oil, and baking soda. Make sure you use sufficient water until the broiler pan is sparkling clean.
After you’ve followed these practical steps, your broiler pan will be almost ready for the next use. However, you will need to first place it somewhere for it to dry naturally.
Broiler Pan Reviews From Experienced
Different broiler pans take different times to dry up. You will need to wait until a broiler pan is dry before you use it. Alternatively, you can wipe it using a dry piece of cloth before you place it on top of the oven. But, which broiler pan is good for your kitchen? Look at this review broiler pan for the oven.
Top 7 Broiler Pans You Need To Consider This Year
A) This review delves into seven premium broiler pans that are not only trending in 2019 but also offer quality services in your kitchen. As you look into each of the broiler pans, be keen to examine its distinctive features. These features will help you decide whether or not you can buy it.
B) It is also important to note that each of the broiler pans below has its strengths. Alongside the benefits, you will also see weaknesses. You shouldn’t have to worry when you find out that the broiler pan you desire has a weak point.
C) While it is up to you to weigh between the pros and cons, I’d advise that you focus on the features. This way, you do not waste a lot of time checking on what the broiler pan doesn’t do. Instead, the distinctive features will show you what you need.
D) This review will also look at some of the manufacturer’s genuine parts that you can use. These parts come with warranties. You will greatly benefit if you make use of this review because as you already know, genuine broiler parts will go a long way. First, let us start with the most popular broiler pans.
1. Granite Ware Bake Broil And Grill Pan
The is granite ware broiler pan. This broiler, manufactured in the U.S is one of the most popular broiler pans in the market. When you buy this pan, you will realize it comes in a 3-piece set; thus you get three broilers at an affordable price.
- It is designed with a carbon steel core. All over the world, carbon steel is respected for its best qualities such as cooking evenly, better browning, and most importantly energy efficiency.
- It is dishwasher safe because the pan does have PTFE, PFOA or any other chemical that may be a health threat to consumers.
- The pan is large at 14 by 9 by 2”.
- Best pan for broiling fish.
- The inner part is smeared with porcelain enamel. This unprecedented alloy allows for a non-porous, non stick, and rust-free surface.
- Smooth curves at the shorter sides of this broiler pan allow for the creation of better, firm, and comfortable handles.
- Granite ware bake broil and grill pan functioning.
2. Norpro 273 Broil/Roast 12” Pan Set
Norpro 273 Broil/Roast 12” broiler pan stands out among its peer’s thanks to its sleek design. The pan shines from a distance. It doesn’t lose its shining qualities even after using it for a long time.
- Comes with a perforated top, which is responsible for draining soup, grease, oil and any other extra fat from the piece you are cooking. This gives good results.
- It is small and convenient, usually ideal for serving two people.
- Norpro 273 Broil/Roast 12” is made from stainless that makes it clean and easy to clean off the dirt after use.
- Stainless steel, which covers 100% of the pan makes it durable because it’s not prone to rust.
- Versatile cookware.
3. Range Kleen BP106X 12.75” by 8.5” porcelain broiler pan (2-Piece)
Range Kleen is stopping at nothing when bringing you the best kitchen appliances you need. Each year, the manufacturer releases something great to its clients.
Range Kleen BP106X 12.75” by 8.5” quality broiler pan is made from best raw materials. The Porcelain in the pan allows for high temperatures measuring up to 1025 degrees Fahrenheit. Its use as porcelain broiler pan set.
- The pan is designed in a way that allows for fat dripping to fall from the piece of meat to the base.
- It measures 12.75” by 8.5” by 1.3”.
- Range Kleen BP106X 12.75” by 8.5” is ideal for outdoor baking, boiling and broiling of a variety of food. Some of the foods include vegetables, meat, and different types of meat.
- Features a 2-piece pan for all sorts of food preparation.
4. GE WB48X10056 Range Broil Pan
GE WB48x is the best broiler pan for oven. The GE WB48X10056 Range 3.1-pound pan is one of the most popular broiler pans in 2019. It is also used as a part in other broiler pans; thus you should not be surprised when you learn that it is compatible with several other models.
As a part, you will use GE WB48X10056 Range Broil Pan to place it under any other rectangular-shaped broiler pan. The aim would be to catch dripping that usually falls from pieces of food that you are boiling.
- GE WB48X10056 Range Broil Pan is one of the largest broilers pans you will ever find. It measures a staggering 18.2 by 15.7 by 3”.
- It comes with small holes at the corners to allow dripping of excessive oil.
- Created with all manner of versatility to cook different recipes.
- It contains a pan, which is 17” wide and 13” deep and a slightly smaller grate that measures 15.5” wide and 13” deep.
- It is a genuine part of the manufacturer; thus you can expect top-quality.
5. Frigidaire 5304442087 Range Oven Broiler/Stove Pan
This is a genuine broiler pan replacement part from Frigidaire. The manufacturer ensures you lack nothing at your kitchen following the wearing out of a part of your favorite broiler pan.
- This part measures 15.8 by 12.6 by 2.3”.
- It weighs 2.4 lbs.
- You can use it as a stand-alone broiler or as a part.
- It has a slick and thick surface.
6. Nordic Ware 42210 Broiler Pan 2-Piece (Metallic Gold)
Nordic Ware 42210 two-piece is among the world’s popular broiler pans. Those who have used it attest that it is one of the top broiler pans for camping. Get the Nordic ware nonstick broiler pan so you can broil and cook.
- Easy cleanup thanks to its non stick finish.
- Fitted with broiler dimensions of 10 x 7 x 0.63” in the exterior, and 8.5 x 6.5 x 0.63” in the interior.
- Comes with duo country parts, (created in the USA but the broiling rack made in China).
- Ideal broiler pan for toaster oven
- Comes with baking sheet.
- Fits all sorts of ovens.
7. Farberware 11” by 15” Nonstick Bakeware Roaster With Flat Rack (Gray)
You will love this broiler pan because of its design. Farberware 11” by 15” Non-stick Bakeware Roaster (gray) is a standard broiler with firm handles that will not let you pour out your food.
- Comes with a flat rack that is elevated.
- The pan’s handles are made of chrome, enabling them to offer a firm grip.
- The interior and exterior of the pan are non stick.
- Burns at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heavy roaster gauge that allows for a firm hold of the food prepared on the pan.
- Ideal for cooking chicken, pork, as well as beef roasts.
These 7 popular broiler pans together with 2 genuine broiler pan parts from manufacturers are waiting for you. Take your time to contemplate on which broiler pan or part is good for your family. As you do so, here is another thing you need to remember:
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Broiler Pan
Before buying one of the broiler pans mentioned above or any other broiler pan, you need to consider a number of things. Although there could be many factors and people look at different things, I”ll talk about three main things you must consider.
The three factors should govern you in choosing the ideal broiler pan. Many people have considered these factors and have finally selected their preferred broiler pan.
Before you decide on a particular broiler pan, consider the following:
- Type of food to cook.
- The size of the pan.
- The material used to make the pan.
Type Of Food To Cook
Different broiler pans prepare different types of food. Some of us seek best broiler pans for steaks. While traditional broiler pans cook beefsteaks, others go the extra mile. Therefore, if you are looking at it cooking different kinds of foods, look at a broiler pan that has this ability.
For instance, if you are planning to prepare great roasts, you may need to consider a pan made with stainless steel. On the other hand, if your recipe requires even heat distribution, you may consider a pan made from cast iron.
The Size Of The Pan
How would you know the correct size of the broiler pan that you need? One pointer that can help you is the size of your oven. Yes, buy a broiler pan that fits perfectly on your oven.
If your oven takes a rectangular shape, it is automatic that your search should be narrowed on rectangular pans. It should be the same case if your oven takes a round shape. There is no harm in measuring the dimensions of your kitchen oven before you go shopping for a broiler pan.
The Material Used To Make The Pan
Pan material is essential for a number of reasons. Different materials heat, reheat and retain the heat differently. If you buy a pan that is made of poor-quality material, chances are you will waste time, money on electricity/gas, and your food will not cook well.
The other reason is cleaning. Some materials are hard to clean, can catch rust, or even be prone to scratches. You need to be careful about the kind of material you choose.
Popular pan materials are cast iron, ceramic, stainless steel, and carbon steel. All these materials come with different abilities.
Broiler Pan Substitutes
Sometimes in this life, it is not about what you have, own, or what you are able to do but how you will do whatever you intend to do. It is in view of this that if for some reason you find yourself without the best broiler pan, it doesn’t mean your family will not eat. There are quality alternatives you can trust when you want to prepare your family a decent meal.
This Section will explore among other things, what a broiler pan is, 4 broiler pan substitutes you can always try at home. In the end, I will also turn your attention to some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) on broiler pans. I want to believe you don’t want to miss any of these valuable gems.
But before we look at the alternatives, here is a quick look at a broiler pan.
It is described as one of the essential tools in the kitchen. Unlike most pans in the kitchen, a broiler pan has the ability to withstand extremely high temperatures. It is usually rectangular and for your information, they are two pans one with a shallow upper and the other has a deep drip. When cooking, you place the food on the shallow top pan as the drippings rest on the lower deep pan.
With that intro, it is now time we jump straight to discussing some intuitive best broiler pans substitutes you can try at home.
Cast Iron Pot/Pan:
The reason why cast iron is appearing at number one of this list is that as you may have known, the material is a perfect conductor of heat. Once cast iron is exposed to heat, the pan spreads heat evenly to most parts of its body.
Thanks to the even spread of heat throughout the pan’s surface, your food is likely to cook evenly.
If you are looking for a number one broiling pan, then cast iron should come first thanks to its high heat conductivity.
Aluminum Foil Tray:
Cleaning, high conductivity, and pricing are some of the top reasons why you need to focus on aluminum foil tray. The pan heats up super fast, giving you the chance to heat your food the quickest way possible. In fact, it explains the reason why many homes prefer buying aluminum pans.
Cleaning the pan is also another thing you will admire. Like stainless steel, aluminum material is also not quick to rust. Additionally, removing stubborn stains is not a big deal, as long as you use hot/warm water and soap.
If you are looking for the right tool to roast meat in your oven, then the best alternative is the roasting pan. It does not only have a deep drill but also a heavy and thick material that ensures your meat is roasted at an optimum temperature.
Thanks to the heavy-duty material that conducts and holds heat for a long time, your meat and meatballs are likely to cook evenly.
Roasting pans are found in many households thus you may not be required to spend extra money to purchase an additional pan. Chances are you already have the material of the pan in your kitchen.
Another best broiler pans substitute is a baking tray. This is another best alternative in case you don’t have or don’t want to use a broiler pan. You, however, need to ensure that the baking tray meets the standards that have been set by a broiler pan.
As already pointed out, a broiler pan can exceptionally withstand extremely high temperatures. Therefore, before you decide to use the baking tray of your choice, make sure you read the manufacturer’s specifications on the material’s temperature.
Pans That Are Safe For the Broiler
The market provides a wide range of pans you can use for the broiler. However, to get the best broiler pan, you must ensure you know the features of the best pan for broiler. I have discussed this in detail on individual best broiler pan reviews above.
Other pans that are safe for the broiler are:
- Denmark 9”x13” Nonstick Broiler Pan.
- GreenPan 3-Piece Chatham Holiday Pan.
- Range Kleen Heavy-Duty Full Porcelain Broiler Pan.
- Blue Diamond Nonstick Ceramic 2-Piece Pan.
- T-Fal 17”x12.6” Nonstick 2-Piece Broiler Pan.
In short, if you are looking for the best broiler pan or a pan that is safe for the broiler for that matter, you need to go back to the qualities of the best broiler pan. Essentially, the best pan for the broiler should be thick. The shape of the pan is not very important but having a rectangular shape corresponds with most broiler pans in the market.
The ideal pan should also have a thick and long handle that is able to withstand high temperatures as the rest of the pan. In addition, you should ensure the pan has the following among other necessary features:
- Aluminum finish for attractiveness as well as secondary layers.
- The pan must have a porcelain surface. This is to ensure the pan does not stick in case you broil for a long time.
- For proper heat retention, the core material should be made from either steel or carbon. Do not accept anything less.
- Other things to look for should be sturdy building, long handle, and if it is dishwasher safe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is a broiler pan dishwasher safe?
A: Yes, most broiler pans are dishwasher safe. A few that are not do not give a lot of work cleaning since they have a non stick surface.
Q: What can you use if no broiler pan?
A: In the event that you do not have a broiler pan, you can use a baking tray, aluminum foil tray, cast iron pan/pot, or even a roasting pan to carry on with your cooking.
Q: Can I use a broiler pan to bake?
A: Yes, but that would need you to use the oven safe-baking sheet. Alternatively, you can use cast iron skillet in a bid to rotate your food throughout the cooking time.
Q: Can I use a broiler pan to cook bacon?
A: To cook bacon in your broiler pan, you need to use an aluminum foil, wrap your bacon in the foil, and place your pan inside the oven just between the racks. Don’t place the pan too low or too high, it has to rest in the middle. After broiling for some 5 minutes, you can remove the pan, make sure you flip the bacon and continue broiling for another 2 minutes before you remove the pan from the oven.
Q: Is broiling the same as grilling?
A: Broiling and grilling is the same thing. The only subtle difference between the two is the direction of the heat. In grilling, the direction of the heat is often from below, while during broiling, the source of the heat comes from an upward direction. Nonetheless, both processes require intense heat distribution.
Can you now say it is hard to find the top-level broiler pan? With this vast information, it should not be a challenge. It is true that there are many other broiler pans out there, but considering the tips shared herein, I’m sure you will grab the ideal broiler pan you have been looking for.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore