You bought your grill to last, right? It needs to be clean. You will, however, realize that you don’t just need to clean it with anything. For the grill to serve you and last longer, you need the best grill cleaner. This is a fact: for a grill to PERFORM at its best, it has to be clean. How can you achieve this? What do you need to know?
In this write-up, I will look into the subject, ‘Finding the Ideal Grill Cleaner’. I will also speak about several things that relate to the subject.
For instance, what do you need to know about most cleaning agents in the market? How can you best clean your grill? What is the best time to clean a grill? Is it necessary to clean every grill, including those that are kept indoors? How can you find the best degreaser for the grill? The above are some of the very important pointers that I will share herein.
To start with, it is important to know what a grill cleaner is. Only then will you be in a position to start the search for the best stainless steel grill cleaner in the market.
10 Popular Grill Cleaners Comparative Chart
What Is A Grill Cleaner?
As the word suggests, a grill cleaner is an agent used to remove dirt from a grill. While a grill cleaner can come in different forms, you will find that most of those in the market are sprays. True to that, sprays work perfectly in removing even the most stubborn stains from your grill.
After using your barbecue grill to prepare pork, beef, or even chicken, grease, grime, animal fats, and dirt rest on the grill. Sometimes, this can happen fast or you may not have the time to clean your barbecue grill every time you use it.
To ensure the grill is left clean to serve you the next time you need it, you need the best grill grate cleaner. This and other stainless steel grill cleaners offer the best cleaning services you need. They leave your grill shining for the next task.
Do All Grills Need Cleaning?
Yes! All grills need cleaning. In fact, no single kitchen tool or appliance that is in use that does not require cleaning. Perhaps, the only barbecue cleaner that does not clean is the one that hasn’t left the store.
However, as you will realize, some grills may need shallow cleaning while others require deep and lengthy cleaning. Why? The main reasons are the amount of work your grill does and where you store it.
If you use your barbecue grill once a year and store it under a dry shade, chances are you will seldom clean it. Besides, even if you clean it, you won’t do so regularly.
On the other hand, if you use your grill on a regular basis, leave it in the open after use; you will need to clean it regularly. Unless you find the best outdoor grill cleaner, your grill will remain unclean after every use.
Grill material is another important factor that determines whether you will need a deep cleaning or not. For instance, if most parts of your barbecue grill is covered with stainless steel, you won’t have many struggles cleaning it.
Stainless steel does not rust. This explains why you need to be careful when choosing your barbecue grill. Your choice of material will determine what best grill cleaner spray you will use. It will also determine the amount of time you’ll use in cleaning the grill and the number of times to clean your grill.
PS. The important thing is because this is a tool, which prepares human food, it needs to be clean. How Can I Clean My Grill?
How Can I Clean My Grill?
Cleaning a grill does not follow a specific pattern. It is simple! However, everything has a procedure. The way you will clean a washing machine is different from the way you will wash a barbecue grill. Besides, these two home appliances perform different tasks, thus need different cleaning agents.
Here is a step-by-step guide on cleaning your grill. To get maximum results, you need to use the best gas grill cleaner in the market. How to find the best grill cleaner spray will be discussed later in this article. For now, let’s tackle the subject, ‘how you can best clean your barbecue grill.’
Before we start, know this important tip:
The best time to clean your grill is when it is still warm.
Now, let’s start…
- Assuming your barbecue grill has just finished its work for the day.
- Leave it to cool.
- After about 30 minutes of cooling off, prepare a solution of soap, water, and the right detergent if necessary.
- Using either water or a damp piece of cloth, wipe off any residue on the grill.
- Make sure you are able to access all the chambers/components of the grill where any meat remains may rest.
- Wipe the grill as many times as possible until you are certain no meat residue remains.
- In the event, there are stubborn meat remains, use a brush with hard bristles.
- Note that even after using the hard brush, warm water, and soap, some grills might harbor grim, grease, or even fats. What do you do?
- Spray the grill with the best degreaser for the grill.
- For best results, you need to spray the entire grill with the best grill cleaner spray.
- Let your grill to dry for 2-3 hours then you can store it.
PS. 1. While using a hard brush, ensure it doesn’t bruise the grill by removing the color.
PS. 2. If you want your grill to last for long, you need to store it under the shade. The grill needs to be covered with the best lid. You can also reinforce the lid by throwing over a small mat.
Can I Use A Vacuum To Clean My Grill?
Oh yeah! In fact, most of the users I have personally talked to use a vacuum cleaner to complement grill cleaning. The question is what kind of vacuum cleaner is ideal for cleaning a grill? Additionally, which part of the grill can be vacuumed?
A hand-held vacuum machine is ideal for cleaning your grill. Because of its easy maneuverability, a hand-held vacuum can be used to clean off food deposits and other debris that might hide inside the grill.
The best thing about a vacuum cleaner is that it has the ability to suck even the grease that was hard to remove using soap and water.
What Is The Best Time To Clean My Grill?
I have answered part of this question in the above section when I said, “The best time to clean your grill is when it is still warm.” Yes, during this time, it is easy for the grease and the fats to get off.
But, what if you did not find the time to clean it when it was still warm? Don’t worry! Your grill can still be clean. But, you have to do your best.
Some of the things you may need in this late cleaning include :
- Warm water.
- Best degreaser for the grill.
- Best grill grate cleaner.
- Hand-held vacuum cleaner.
- A hard-brush, preferably with a long handle.
You can also clean your grill when you need to store it. Although this time, you may need to do a thorough cleaning. This is important because it may take long before you use it again.
Shallow cleaning is also needed before you use the grill. Why is this necessary? Some people take a long time before using a grill. In this case, mold, bacteria, and even certain germs may have made the grill their perfect home.
To clean off the mold and kill the germs, quick but good cleaning is needed. This will ensure the grill is ready to prepare human food. When you do grill cleaning before you use it, you are showing concern for your family and friends. You do not want them to eat contaminated meat steaks. For this reason alone, you need to ensure your grill is clean and ready before every use.
How to Clean the Flat-top Grill Effectively
10 Best Grill Cleaner
In the following section, I have taken the time to select some of the best grill cleaners the world has ever produced. The good thing about this review is most of these cleaners can clean other surfaces other than the grill itself.
See if you can find your preferred cleaner from this list of products that I have specifically hand-picked for you.
1. Professional Easy-Off Stainless Steel Cleaner
When it comes to cleaning your grills and ovens after use then think about this cleaner. The cleaner will get rid of all soils and smears from your appliances effortlessly. This outdoor grill cleaner will leave your oven or grill looking as clean as new.
- Suitable for cleaning grills, ovens, and appliances.
- It comes in a seventeen oz. can,
- It polishes surfaces thus restoring the shine on them.
- Excellent for cleaning stainless steel as it removes smears, soils, and fingerprints.
- It is odorless and has no abrasives.
- It can be used on stainless steel and brushed chrome.
- Ideal for use in food service places and restaurants.
F A Q For Easy-Off Stainless Steel Cleaner.
Question: Does Easy-Off Stainless Steel Cleaner work to take away black from the backside of stainless steal?
Ans. Not this one however the common Simple off oven cleaner does.
Question: Can it’s utilized in a standard oven?
Ans. It’s a stainless-steel cleaner, not an oven cleaner
2. Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner And Polish From Therapy
When it comes to the best degreaser for grill, then this cleaner with essential oils is a must have. Therapy was founded with the aim of transforming cleaning experiences. The company does this by making cleaning relaxing as well as therapeutic.
- Features a unique mix of plant-based components.
- It removes fingerprints, smudges, and streaks from stainless steel surfaces.
- Comes with a 14 × 14” cloth made of microfiber.
- The cleaner comes in a stylish 16-ounce pump bottle.
- Immaculately cleans and polishes stoves, stainless refrigerators, sinks, microwaves as well as dishwashers.
- The ingredients include coconut oil, lavender essential oil, sorbitan monooleate, acrylates copolymer, and methylisothiazolinone.
3. Professional Easy Off Oven And Grill Cleaner
As the name suggests this cleaner is easy to get off surfaces after cleaning. It will immaculately clean your oven and grill through the grease- cutting technology. It is possibly the best stainless steel grill cleaner in the market.
- Best grill cleaner spray for heavy duty grills and ovens. It cleans tough stains within a few minutes.
- Enhanced using grease-cutting formula.
- Can spot clean within 5 minutes.
- Suitable for cleaning ovens, barbecue grills as well as broilers.
- Comes in a 24 oz. can.
4. Weber Grill Cleaner Spray
Weber Grills are best known as the best in the world. You can then trust that a cleaner from them is a great investment for your expensive grill.This professional degreaser has the strength to get off all grime and grease off your grill.
The cleaner is nontoxic so you don’t have to worry about how your heath can get ruined. This non-flammable, biodegradable, non-corrosive and phosphate free cleaner is your sure cleaning companion. The stainless steel grill cleaner does not substitute its power for safety.
- The cleaner is non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-toxic and biodegradable. It does not contain phosphates.
- Can be used to clean the grill even when it is cool. It is not necessary to heat the grill first.
- Best suited for cookers, smokers, on grills, microwaves, ovens and more.
- Approved by the USDA.
5. Byson Industries Cleaning Spray For The Grill
This amazing grill grate and barbecue grid cleanser utilizes the citrus power to clean. The citrus compounds are safe around food. Bryson Industries has established best biodegradable cleaners since 1998. The cleaner has d-limonene as the main component. It is non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive and phosphate free.
- Most suitable for cookers, smokers, ovens, microwaves, grills and more others.
- The cleaner is non-toxic, non-flammable, non-corrosive and phosphate free.
- It is biodegradable.
- Uses citrus-based Degreaser.
6. Carbona 320 Carbona 2-In 1 Oven Rack And Barbeque Cleaner 500ml
To keep your oven rack and grill clean, you need the best grill cleaner that will make a messy oven clean. This Carbona 2-in 1 cleaner makes the best choice. It is in a package of 500ml and comes with a cleaning bag and free disposable gloves. It is the best stainless steel cleaner as it leaves the stainless steel surface clean and shiny.
All you need to do is soak your racks overnight in a cleaning bag together with the cleaner solution, the rinse it off in the morning to produce shiny clean racks.
- It cleans both stainless steel and enamel racks.
- It comes with a disposable gloves and rack cleaning bags in one package.
- Easy to use when cleaning, you just pour the solution onto the racks, soak overnight and rinse it off.
- Some grill cleaner need the grill to be heated before cleaning, however, with this type of cleaner, no prior heating is required.
7. Goo Gone Grill and Grate Cleaner, 24 Ounce
This cleaning gel is biodegradable, and is excellent in cleaning surfaces used for food preparation, as it is safe. It is best grill grate cleaner, perfect in cleaning cooking grates or racks, insides and outside of the grills and drip pans. It is exceptionally manufactured to clean and remove burnt food residues.
- Biodegradable – this cleaning gel is biodegradable and minimizes smokes or flare-ups.
- Best degreaser grill cleaner – quickly removes all grease from the grates and grills.
- Safe to use – safe on food preparation surfaces
- Work best on caked-on food residues and baked-on deposits. Also excellent on greased grills and carbon.
8. TriNova Grill Cleaner Spray
This is the best grill cleaner spray, packed in big bottle. It is used to clean grates on gas, wood, oil, stone, bricks or propane. It is a very gentle cleaner and very effective. This is the only cleaner that can clean gas grates making it the best gas grill cleaner.
- It is an effective cleaner for charred food deposits and grease.
- It is a spray hence can be sprayed round the grill, both inside and outside.
- Use it with any accessories. With any cleaning tool you have, be it brush, scouring pad, sponge can be used with this spray cleaner.
- Provides a cleaning answer to grate on woods, propane, bricks, and stones.
- To get the best result, combine this with a stainless steel grill cleaner in a spray form to clean the outside cover of the grill.
9. Easy-off Bbq Grill Cleaner- Aerosol 16 Ounce
If you want a grill cleaner that is perfect on all types of barbeque grills, then Easy-Off Bbq Grill Cleaner is your solution. Other than cleaning barbeque grills, it can also be used on stainless steel, non-aluminum and non-chrome pans. It is an outdoor grill cleaner as it produces harmful fumes.
- Removes tough stains on grills, charred food and stubborn grease.
- For excellent results, it is recommended to let the formula sit for about forty minutes before scrubbing the grill.
- Starts working immediately it is in contact with the surface.
- Can be used to clean all other types of barbeque grills.
- It is advisable to use this cleaner outdoor or in a well-ventilated room because of the aerosol fumes.
- Can be used to clean stainless steel, non-chrome and non-aluminum pans and pots.
10. CLR PB-BBQ-26 Bbq Grill Cleaner, 26-Ounce
Looking for a perfect grill cleaner, which is not harmful to your pets and little children? Then CLR PB Grill cleaner is the best grill cleaner for you. It is non-toxic, does not produce fumes and biodegradable.
- Easy to use – all you need to do is to spray the grill with this grill cleaner, wait for three minutes, wipe with a piece of cloth, then rinse with cold water.
- The great foaming action penetrates even to the toughest burnt off food residues stains.
- The cleaner is water-based. It does not contain any acid, petroleum or abrasive solvents.
- It is biodegradable. Thus makes it harmless if used near plants and flowers at home.
- Can clean stainless steel and enamel surfaces.
How To Choose The Best Grill Cleaner
While it is easy and cheap to purchase a grill cleaner, it is not the same when you need the best grill cleaner. The market offers quite a number of substances in the name of grill cleaners.
If you are not careful, you will end up using your hard-earned money to purchase crap. This is not you. Do not do this in this day and time. So, how do you ensure your money is used on a purpose you intend? What do you need to look at when purchasing a grill cleaner? Let’s discuss this subject, starting with the most important factor.
Why is grill cleaner ingredient an important part in your quest to finding the best grill cleaner? Well, some if not many grill cleaners in the market today are made of extremely strong formulas. Although these strong formulas do the job of removing the most stubborn stains, they can also cause major havoc on your grill.
Take a moment to think about this: you bought a grill cleaner spray that removed all the stains but brought along corrosion. You’d feel bad. Isn’t it? Unfortunately, this is the situation with many grill cleaners.
Besides, some grill cleaners has high levels of toxins that are responsible for bringing harm to your skin. Some even cause harm to the environment.
Does it mean you cannot get the best grill grate cleaner that has no harm? On the contrary! Choose wisely, if you do not want your skin to get unnecessary irritation caused by high levels of toxins in certain grill cleaners.
Some cleaners in the market are specifically meant for certain appliances. It is a good thing to buy the best stainless steel grill cleaner for a stainless steel-made grill.
However, you will find out in your home, there are many items and appliances with the same material. What do you do? Instead of buying multiple cleaning formulas, you can opt to buy a barbecue grill cleaner that cleans multiple surfaces. This will help you save lots of money.
How do you know which grill cleaner can be used in cleaning other surfaces? It is simple! Read the label on the spray. Many manufacturers have gone a long way to indicate on the bottles, what surfaces the spray can be used on.
From my experience, Therapy Cleaner works better on multiple surfaces as long as they are stainless steel. No doubt, there are other gas grill cleaners with the same ability.
Other grill cleaners do more than just cleaning. For instance, Carbona 2-In-1, the latest version, is equipped with ultra-shining agents. Apart from cleaning your barbecue grill, this outdoor grill cleaner will leave your grill shinny until the next use.
I’m sure there are many other cleaners out there you can look for. The most important part is to read the label. If the manufacturer has put a not saying, ‘Directions’, make sure you read carefully. That will be the secret to your desired results.
Of course, none will say they don’t care about the price. Although most grill cleaners in the market are not very expensive, their prices differ greatly. This means, you may need to do a comparison if you need to save some bucks.
Because a grill spray, however good it may be, does not last long. Besides, a quality grill-cleaning agent will only last a few weeks when in use. For this reason, saving some $20 or so each month will accumulate to a few hundreds of dollars a year. That is a great deal.
Consider buying affordable but quality grill cleaners every time the need arises. If you do so each month will help your family save a lot of money.
Not every grill cleaner gives the same all-rounded result. Some do better in cleaning but not on shining. Others give a thorough cleaning, shinny ending, but may leave your hands and the skin that was exposed to the cleaner irritated.
You need to be sure of what you need for no single grill cleaner is 100% effective. It will have excellent results but at the same time have a few downsides. In fact, that is what is shown on the ‘Cons’ section in the ’10 Best Grill Cleaners Reviewed’ above.
Finding the best grill cleaner should be the last thing to worry about. If you managed to grab the ideal grill, which you have used until now, let it not be difficult to find the best degreaser for grill. Only then will you ensure the longevity of your grill.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore