Bagel sandwiches are delicious and very satisfying. If you want to prepare an everything bagel, then you will need great seasonings. You can even try out using cheese bagels like the asiago to bring out that cheesy, full flavor in your sandwich.
There are several recipes you can prepare bagel sandwiches for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. An egg, cheese sandwich would be great for breakfast. On the other hand, if you plan on munching a sandwich, then chicken or turkey salad are great options.
This article looks at the different bagel sandwich recipes that you can prepare for your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Let’s dig straight into it!
Bagel Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
If you are those people with very busy mornings juggling between kids and other chores, then you might be looking forward to saving on some time. You can prepare some breakfast bagel sandwiches and store them in your freezer. Here are some of the recipes you can make your sandwiches.
Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich
- Bagels –any kind
- Cheese- get one of your choices. In this recipe, I’ll use American cheese
- Peppered bacon
- First, you should cook the bacon.
- Place it on paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes till they soften.
- Remove from the stove.
- Pour some grease onto a skillet and turn the heat to medium.
- Add in your eggs and sprinkle some salt and your seasonings onto it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut your bagels into halves and toast them till they turn brown.
- Spread a butter layer onto them.
- Place your cheese slices, onions, bacon to one bottom half of the bagel.
- Top it with the fried egg and place the other half bagel on top.
- Serve or store accordingly.
- You can use butter to prepare the eggs.
- Add teaspoon milk and whisk together with your eggs.
- Add more bacon or cheese if you are a fun meatier, and cheesier sandwich.
Egg sriracha ketchup, guacamole, and bacon bagel sandwich
- 1 oz. cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8th teaspoon cumin-ground
- 1/8th teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8th teaspoon cayenne pepper
For sriracha ketchup:
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- First, cook your bacon slices.
- As bacon cooks, prepare your guacamole by mixing the avocado and seasonings.
- Get the sriracha ketchup ready by mixing the ketchup and the sriracha sauce.
- If your bacon is ready, remove it from the heat source, drain the excess grease on it and let it cool.
- Place a pan onto your stove and pour some bacon grease onto it. Next, beat your eggs onto it to start cooking.
- Top your egg with cheese, cover it, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toast your bagels till they brown.
- Allow your eggs and bagel to cool.
- Top the bagels’ bottom halves with sriracha ketchup and the egg, next place your bacon and top with the guacamole, and cover with the other half bagel.
- All ready to enjoy it!
- Cook eggs the way you wish. You can try cooking an egg with a gooey yolk. It shouldn’t, however, be too runny.
- Be ready to multitask. As bacon cooks, you can get the guacamole and sriracha ketchup ready.
Bagel Sandwich Recipes to enjoy for Your Lunch or dinner
Do you want a flavorful sandwich loaded with meat, avocado, tomatoes, and cheese/ then check this out.
An everything Avocado Turkey Bagel sandwich recipe
- 2 everything bagels
- 6 turkey breasts
- 6oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- I large avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2/3 mixed greens
- 2 Chipotle peppers
- Preheat your oven to 4000F.
- Apply some grease on your baking sheet.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet and roast them for 10 minutes in the oven till they burst. Ensure you keep turning them as they cook.
- Pour your cream cheese, adobo sauce, chipotle peppers into a bowl and mix them till well combined.
- Take another bowl and mash your avocado, lime juice, salt, and black pepper together.
- Cut your bagels in half and toast them till they have a brown color.
- To get the sandwich ready, place the bagels’ bottom halves on a flat surface and spread the guacamole mash evenly on the two halves.
- Spread the cheese cream onto the two bagels, add your turkey into it and top it with mixed greens and the burst cherry tomatoes.
- Finish by placing the other halves of the bagels and serve immediately.
Serve the sandwich with fresh homemade lemonade.
Dill pickles bagel sandwich
This is the ultimate veggies sandwich you should try out.
- 1 tablespoon garlic cheese
- 1 grained bagel
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices dill pickle 1 lettuce leaf
- ¼ cup carrot-shredded
- Cut your bagels in half.
- Spread the cheese on a one-half bagel.
- Lay your cheddar cheese, the shredded carrots, pickles, and lettuce onto the bagel with cheese.
- Top the sandwich by placing the other half bagel on top.
- All ready! Serve or wrap with aluminum foil if packing for school.
- Rip your lettuce from the top side or middle as the bottom side is usually bitter.
- Make the lettuce bigger than the sandwich.
See Video: How to Make Bagel Sandwich
These bagel sandwich recipes can be prepared before having them. They are perfect for mixed diet households. However, if you are a vegan, just leave out the meat in your sandwiches. You just reach out to the freezer, grab one, and your breakfast or lunch is sorted. Try making these sandwiches in your kitchen.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore