Are Seeking Orzo Salad Recipes Cold with Roasted Shrimp? Yes! Now you are in right point. Today I’ll describe the recipes how you will enjoy it easily.
This is a tasty summer main course salad that uses orzo pasta. Orzo is a small rice shaped pasta. The word orzo means “barley” in Italian, but orzo pasta is made from wheat. It can be used in place of arborio rice in risotto dishes as well as a substitute for other types of pasta in salads. Roasting the shrimp gives it an extra burst of flavor. Add bell peppers or other fresh vegetables if desired.
Orzo Pasta Nutrition:
Do you know a little Orz pasta is big benefits? Yes!! Orza contain a notable calories, Fat, Carbohydrates, Fiber and Protein.
Ingredients: Orzo Salad Recipes Cold
This is very easy level Salad recipes. Now Check here is necessary items for cold orzo salad recipes. Follow the interaction bellow step by step and be owner the great Orza Salad item.
- 8 oz of orzo pasta
- ½ lb medium sized, raw shrimp, shelled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup of fresh herbs, chopped (dill and parsley)
- 1 cup feta chesse, crumbled or diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Make sure to salt the cooking water well.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast at 400F for 5-6 minutes until the shrimp are just pink.
- Cool the shrimp slightly and add to the orzo along with all the other vegetables and fresh herbs. Toss well and carefully stir the feta cheese.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Hint: Add some red pepper flakes to the shrimp before roasting for a little heat.
Rita C. Donnell (Jennifer) has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Readmore